Bad boy horn - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alabama, Montgomery area
Posts: 3,498
Thanks: 125
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bad boy horn

Any of y'll used this? http://www.wolo-mfg.com/419-big2.jpg I put it on my truck and I think Thomas the train has a better sound! And if that sounds gay that's my point...... Maybe I hooked it up wrong? Those who have tried, did you like it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 02-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,736
Thanks: 2
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I have the wolo road warrior and id say its louder and deeperu than my original horn but it lacks that dual pitch that the original horn had that pierces. Wolo i think was more meant for cars and small trucks. If u want manly i think u gotta get train horns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im looking for a big rig set up. Anyone have any info on anything like that? I dig train horns but I want something deeper, literally like big rig horns off a truck lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,736
Thanks: 2
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMalmy21..00/7.3 View Post
Im looking for a big rig set up. Anyone have any info on anything like that? I dig train horns but I want something deeper, literally like big rig horns off a truck lol
Im actually in the process of using the horn from this kit and hooking it to an on board air system
Road Warrior Direct Drive Chrome Horn - IOWA80.COM
its about 2 ft long rather than train horns which are about 12 in. the larger and longer the horn the deeper the sound
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
Im actually in the process of using the horn from this kit and hooking it to an on board air system
Road Warrior Direct Drive Chrome Horn - IOWA80.COM
its about 2 ft long rather than train horns which are about 12 in. the larger and longer the horn the deeper the sound
Hey thanks man. I am looking to get an on board air system. Ebay has a pretty decent set up for like $300 bucks. It can be mounted upside down as well. I currently have NO horn on my truck at all lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:33 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Follow up: Can this horn be mounted under the truck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alabama, Montgomery area
Posts: 3,498
Thanks: 125
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMalmy21..00/7.3 View Post
Hey thanks man. I am looking to get an on board air system. Ebay has a pretty decent set up for like $300 bucks. It can be mounted upside down as well. I currently have NO horn on my truck at all lol
No horn sucks! I have to hook my stock horns up cause this stupid bad boy horn is so gay I'm ashamed to blow it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,736
Thanks: 2
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMalmy21..00/7.3 View Post
Follow up: Can this horn be mounted under the truck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMalmy21..00/7.3 View Post
Hey thanks man. I am looking to get an on board air system. Ebay has a pretty decent set up for like $300 bucks. It can be mounted upside down as well. I currently have NO horn on my truck at all lol
Yes it can be mounted anywhere they just advertise it on top because of the big rig look, i have mine along my frame rail.

But honestly ik everybody gives harbor freight crap but i got an 11 gal tank and a 150psi compressor there and a bunch of fittings and stuff for $111 then just buy the horn separate. If something goes bad just take it back to harbor freight and they replace it for free for life no receipt. so you might have 300 total into it but you also have a kit tailored to your specific application rather than a kit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alabama, Montgomery area
Posts: 3,498
Thanks: 125
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
Yes it can be mounted anywhere they just advertise it on top because of the big rig look, i have mine along my frame rail.

But honestly ik everybody gives harbor freight crap but i got an 11 gal tank and a 150psi compressor there and a bunch of fittings and stuff for $111 then just buy the horn separate. If something goes bad just take it back to harbor freight and they replace it for free for life no receipt. so you might have 300 total into it but you also have a kit tailored to your specific application rather than a kit
There ain't nuttin work with harbor freight! It's brand name stuff that the patents ran out on and the Chinese bought them and made them. Maybe quality is not up there but it's still good stuff! Crazy thing is sometimes it lasts longer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,736
Thanks: 2
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I got these two things along with some hoses and as long as im not stupid with it it seems well built. Also i suggest online coupons they have a million.

12 Volt, 150 PSI High Volume Air Compressor
11 Gallon Portable Air Tank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors