BullyDog Triple Dog GT Tuner?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BullyDog Triple Dog GT Tuner??

I recently burnt up the 6 position Bully Dog in my truck. I dont really know what all has been done to the truck, so I was thinking about putting a BULLYDOG TRIPLE DOG GT tuner back in?? So I was wanting your opinions on it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Is the port where you plug the chip into any good ? it has to be tested...
but if it is i would order a chip from a respectable tuner.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That's a good point, ill have to check that out. the mechanic that worked in it said the chip was not in there properly
Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Location: Lowville, New York. Studying Mechanical Eng. @ Suny Canton
Bully Dog is noted for either buring up its self, the PCM, or your trannsmission. Usally best to stear clear of them. There are plenty of threads on here about diffrent tuners and chips you can get. Best bet is to go for a PHP,or TW chip just a few off the top of my head but there are plenty more. If you go for a tuner The old edge evolution would be your safest bet. Though many say it will eat your tranny if it an automatic but I had mine in for close to 5K miles with no issues. Your still better off going for the chip that is tunes specificly to your truck. Being your truck is an 03 you have PMR's instead of forged rods so you wont be able to go much over 400hp.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My truck is a 1999. Im leaning more towards a Tony Wildman chip, but dont wanna blow anything up in it, by putting a high powered chip in it. So I was wanting everyone's opinions, thanks in advance!!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 PM

Location: Lowville, New York. Studying Mechanical Eng. @ Suny Canton
You wont have to worry about blowing anything up especially with a custom chip like the TW chip. They will tune it specificly for your rig, they have heavy mod chips and light mod chips. Do you have anything done to your truck such as the intake or exhaust? Pretty much the basic mods you can do without blowing a lot of money. Oh and if you get the chip your going to want gagues as well if you dont already have them.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Beans chip or PHPs, or even PHPs edge type unit with gauges built in.(forget the name)
are my recomendations.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm gonna take the truck to a shop that specifically deals with diesel performance, so that I don't get something to powerful and mess something up. I've seen trucks that have the Tony Wildman chip and that's what I want. thanks for all the info
Old 02-14-2013, 01:03 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Becareful what "diesel performance shop" you take it to. Most of them are a joke, they may know how to build a cummins but not a lot of shops know fords. Your best bet is a php if you're on a tight budget. If you have a little more money to drop look into Gearhead, beans, tony wildman, or swamps. Personally those are the only tuners I would use, I would never let anything bully dog or edge touch my truck. Also, remember if you are doing tunes it is a good idea to look into gauges and a free flowing exhaust, even if that is just straight piping the stock exhaust.

Also to the guy that said he has had edge for 5k and it hasn't trashed his tranny, I ran over 500hp on a stock converter, pmrs and no studs for longer than 5k so does that make it safe? 5k isn't much time for stuff to destroy itself.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:56 AM

i agree with dentex. the diesel shops i have here in town are a joke.
they only sell edge products and are happy to clean your wallet out.
most of these mods such as air intake, exhaust, chip are super easy to install.
you just need a few simple tools.
and if you don't feel comfortable doing gauges, take it to an automotive shop and have them wire it up.
their is install guides for gauges,exhaust intake etc. all over the org and sites like riffraffdiesel.com for example.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.