Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

7.3 Turbo ??

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Diezel Dawg 
#1 ·
I looking at getting a new turbo for my truck I have been looking at the Garrett BB GT38R, Turbonetics Torque Master, and the H2E are these good choices and if so which one. My mods so far are in my sig and also plan on doing Stage II injectors soon after the turbo upgrade. Any advice would be greatly appreicated.

#2 ·
Is it a late99 or an early99? That kind of changes the turbo choices some...

#3 ·
Yup, late or early 99? What do you use it for? Is it a work truck or a play toy?

#5 ·
Its my daily driver/play toy and I pull a trailer occasionally with my Yamaha Rhino on it. I have another truck I work out of. I'm looking for a turbo with quick spool up that has good Street Performance and to Race every now and then.

#6 ·
Some will say the GT38R and some will say the TN BB. I have not run either as I have an early99 so I can only tell you what I read. The GT38R will make more power than the TN but the Garrett has been reported to surge when towing. The TN has been said to never surge. It will have to be up to you. They are both drop in and no mods are required to run them.

Keep Strokin'

#7 ·
I will be testing them back to back... I doubt the Garrett will make anymore HP then the Turbonetics...

I would go with the Turbonetics

#9 ·
Call and talk to the guys at BWD...Diesel... They will get you the best price on the Turbonetics BB and are a great bunch of guys...

#10 ·
I Have the Garrett BB and absolutely love it. IT has never surged, but under some applications they can. The spool up is very nice and quick with my truck. Check with Dennis at ITPDiesel or David Lott at Diesel Innovations, they can both get u a great deal on it. Just like CSI said above, BWD will give u a good price on the Turbonetics BB too. Call them ALL, talk to each and they should lead u in the right direction.

#12 ·
FYI... Brian at Black Widow Diesel just got a butt load of Turbonetics Ball Bearing Turbos in...$1550 SHIPPED!!!

Also Sperco intercoolers...$1150 SHIPPED!!!

Man that is a smoking deal!!! Just an FYI!!!

#13 ·
Yea I actually just got off the phone with Kevin a little while ago and said they had just marked them down b/c he has 18 of them right now and needs to get them gone he was very helpful and he said he has the TN BB and loves his I think thats what I'm going to go with. Thanks for checking it out for me man.

#16 ·
Love mine, has hit 40-42#'s with my hybrids...

#15 ·
You can get them at NAPA, 1705 and 1715 I believe are the part #s... I cut and extended the one on the drivers side, rather then get the longer boot... and passanger side fit with no change.

#17 ·
Joe, so your TN BB is in your truck now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.