Fuel/ Air Dog II mods - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel/ Air Dog II mods

Im going to do the AD II in the next week or two and have been looking at all the parts included in the kit and decided that since the AD comes new lines all the way to the old frame rail pump that I may be better off to remove the pump (instructions say to simply disconnect it) and find a kit that runs the same 1/2" lines all the way to the engine. Question is, who makes a kit that is 1/2" from where the pre existing frame pump mounts forward? I know I have seen them somewhere and I believe they have the same quick connects that the AD style lines use
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 11:29 PM

anyone? I dont see wasting the time to run 1/2" lines and or using the AD II if I dont have 1/2" all the way to the engine...
Old 02-01-2013, 01:06 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wouldn't waste money on an AD anyways, people have those things fail left and right. I would just look at a fuel system from a site sponsor that uses a fuel lab or aeromotive pump, you will be way better off this way.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 PM

I got a brand new AD II from a guy that sold his truck for $350...I have read all the pump failures and have narrowed it down to the early AD products which have since been changed with much better results. When used with a sump kit it is reliable so Im going that route..just dont like that I disconnect the factory pump and leave it on the frame rail, and that the lines are only upgraded to the factory pump...
Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to rufushusky
How much pressure does the AD kit put out? Personally I am not a big fan of either "fuel/air" separator systems (FASS or AD) their stand alone pumps aren't bad but their spin on filters are crap IMHO.

Anyways if the AD kit can make 65 psi of pressure or so you could just run 1/2 lines right up to a -8 AN Tee, from the T to the ports on the front of heads (you'll need a pair of -8AN (or whatever size you want to go with) to 1/8" npt fittings) and then through another set of 1/8 npt to XXAN fittings to the regulator and then back to the tank.

You don't need to the 1/2 lines, the fuel necks down to 1/8" at the head and even smaller at the banjo but if you want consistency with the kit go for it.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 AM

Yes the AD is good to 65 psi..I only wanted to do 1/2" line past the factory pump so I could just remove it. I really dont understand why the AD just says to disconnect the factory pump and leave it in its location..I really dont like that idea. my understanding of the kit when it was explained to me was that the AD was supposed to run with the factory frame rail pump which didnt really make alot of sense to me from the get go. I would think that the AD pushing fuel threw an unpowered pump would actually decrease pressure and cause problems..
Old 02-05-2013, 01:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to rufushusky
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollthecoal7.3 View Post
Yes the AD is good to 65 psi..I only wanted to do 1/2" line past the factory pump so I could just remove it. I really dont understand why the AD just says to disconnect the factory pump and leave it in its location..I really dont like that idea. my understanding of the kit when it was explained to me was that the AD was supposed to run with the factory frame rail pump which didnt really make alot of sense to me from the get go. I would think that the AD pushing fuel threw an unpowered pump would actually decrease pressure and cause problems..
So they want to you electrically disconnect the pump and leave it there??? That doesn't sound right...
Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
You'll need to upgrade the wiring harness as well. That's the biggest problem with AirDogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.