Wastegate Actuator - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wastegate Actuator

Fairly new to turbos and to the diesel performance side of things. I have a 2000 F250. Bought it a few years ago. Previous owner has a edge 3 stage in it, bit older, I have never plugged it in and changed the setting all he told me is it was in the economy so stage1.

The only performance thing I have done was throw a mbrp 5" straight pipe under it. 4" down pipe obviously.

rebuilt my turbo a year ago. I was thinking of pulling it off again and throwing a High-Boost Compressor Wheel in. Not sure on brand so open to recomendations.
My main question is should I also do a Banks Power High Performance Wastegate Actuator #24401? XDP sells them.

I live In MN and it is -5F here today. I am a bit confused on looking through other threads about wastegate info mainly because i seem to get lost in the "lingo". I think guys are removing them and plugging the hole but is this smart to do when I am this far north?

Thanks for your help, like I said I just get lost in the lingo and shortened phrases. I know my way around a snowmobile like the back of my hand but the diesel is my next learning curve.

I am not looking for huge gains. Plan on leaving stock injectors as long as possible. truck has 165,000 and going strong. I am towing alot. nothing super heavy but 3k-7klbs is fairly common. Just any little things and as much economy when I am not towing or towing for that matter. keeping egt's down ect ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

1. You don't need to pull the whole turbo to put the wheel in so I vote to leave the ebv (thats what a lot of these guys delete) in.

2. I am getting the wastegate actuator from Dieselsite. Don't care for anything banks personally.

3. Bigger exhaust will lower your egt's.

4. Where ya is in minnestooooooota??
Old 01-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by floorboy View Post
1. You don't need to pull the whole turbo to put the wheel in so I vote to leave the ebv (thats what a lot of these guys delete) in.

2. I am getting the wastegate actuator from Dieselsite. Don't care for anything banks personally.

3. Bigger exhaust will lower your egt's.

4. Where ya is in minnestooooooota??
I am in Eagan. Go up to Grand Rapids or Grand Marais with sleds all the time. So just do intake and a compressor wheel and be done? What wheel should I get? I had that stupid turbo off twice for oil leaks when I first got it and then last winter I had to rebuild it. So i know how big of a pain it is especially for a guy with a bad back to pull it/install it but I know how.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slednecks03f7 View Post
I am in Eagan. Go up to Grand Rapids or Grand Marais with sleds all the time. So just do intake and a compressor wheel and be done? What wheel should I get? I had that stupid turbo off twice for oil leaks when I first got it and then last winter I had to rebuild it. So i know how big of a pain it is especially for a guy with a bad back to pull it/install it but I know how.
Not to far from me Im in inver grove.I would go with the ats turbo housing that cures all of the surge i also have the banks wastgate noticed a little bit more power but not much.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerStrokeBren View Post
Not to far from me Im in inver grove.I would go with the ats turbo housing that cures all of the surge i also have the banks wastgate noticed a little bit more power but not much.
Just out of curiosity what leveling kit did you install? I have air bags in the back for trailers and mainly my sled deck. so I would really like to level the front this spring.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slednecks03f7 View Post
Just out of curiosity what leveling kit did you install? I have air bags in the back for trailers and mainly my sled deck. so I would really like to level the front this spring.
I installed the 2 1/2 procomp kit like 10 years ago.I don't think its made anymore but any kit will work.I also have leaf springs in the front that might make a difference how it sits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.