Injectors + tune=who??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injectors + tune=who???

I'm shopping around looking for a set of injectors that I can toss in now, and down the road possibly buy a 38r! I would like to stay in the 400-450hp range! I'm not real interested in head stud or springs so... The question is which brand injector and who is perfered for tuning???? Mods are in my sig!!! And I have gauges!!! And I all ready have a dp tuner, but I could care less if I buy another brand tuner!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We can get you setup with some Full Force injectors. I would say stage 1's would be perfect for you.

If you buy the injectors from us and you bought the chip directly from us then we will update your tunes to match with the new injectors for free.

Let me know if I can help you out.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

come on guys i want opinions, who's injecters and who's tunes??? i've read good feedback about swamps, im thinking probably in the neiborhood of "stage 1" injectors?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You got an opinion. Give Justin a call. Full Force Injectors are top notch and Jody will take care of you.

I wouldn't waste my time with a Stage 1 injector, personally. Stage II's or small hybrids. Stage II's with a 38R will make a great combo.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Stroke View Post
You got an opinion. Give Justin a call. Full Force Injectors are top notch and Jody will take care of you.

I wouldn't waste my time with a Stage 1 injector, personally. Stage II's or small hybrids. Stage II's with a 38R will make a great combo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristena307 View Post
Full Force for sure. I have had both stage 1 & 2s. Go for stage 2, completely worth it.
I have mine with my 38r right now.

James @ dp recommended FF to me and worked out great. When I was having issues w/my truck while traveling across the country they had me stop in and helped fix my truck and everything. Great customer service with both Full Force & DP
Stage 2's are another great option. It leaves you room to grow if you want to. We can hold them back some when it comes to tuning until you are ready for other upgrades.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Can I run the stage 2's with a stock turbo for a while and still tow my race car? Are there any upgrades I need that i dont have before running stage 2's?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Stage 2's will require a built trans, studs, RR with fuel bowl delete and I'd get valve springs.

A 38r will work but not well..get a modded H2e will out flow and outlast a throwaway 38r turbo.

Stage 2's and a stock turbo towing...not very well esp with the Banks stuff.

As stated..stick with FF stage 1's and a 38r.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krs1r/t View Post
Can I run the stage 2's with a stock turbo for a while and still tow my race car? Are there any upgrades I need that i dont have before running stage 2's?
To answer your question, yes, that is what I ran for quite some time.

Stock turbo, no RR, no valve springs, and no head studs with Stage 2 Full Force Injectors.

Any kind of a RR, including Riffraff's FRx can't hurt. Prevent that excess air from going through the injectors.

I did have to rebuild the transmission.

I towed a 5k boat all over and towed a 12k trailer over the passes multiple times where I live. The EGT's will climb in OD, but I also have 3:73 gears with 37" tires. Shift down and enjoy.

That being said, the turbo will not last forever with those injectors. Mine surged bad at times and the bearing was going out when I swapped to a t4 style turbo.

In my opinion, the only reason to go with Stage I injectors is if your stock injectors are worn out. You'll spend all that money and get very little seat of the pants change. You won't be happy.

Like I said before. Get the Stage II's or small hybrids.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Id personally get hybrids and have them tuned back. If you want more later, you just need to have the tuning readjusted.

I say fullforce injectors, but swamps are great too. It sounds like Dp's offer will save you money.
I personally like a ts style chip with php tunes. Beans has great tunes as does tony wildman.
There are many options and many threads just like this one. You could check them out and see what routes people went with. There will be too many different opinions and you will end up with an unclear answer. Best ofluck with your choice
Old 01-09-2013, 02:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanx everyone for your input. I have done a lot of reading on this subject and u guys help out a lot ! Thanx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.