Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel lab pump and regulator wow what a difference.

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  snwbrdngrx14 
#1 ·
After comming back from the dyno with lower than expected numbers (261rwhp and 567 rwtp), I believe I have found the reason for the low numbers. I found a moderate leak at the fuel bowl and at the quick disconnect fittings.

I decided to just redo the entire setup and install a fuel lab regulator and the 41402 fuel lab pump with replumbing the entire truck. Now the truck also has a 5/8 pickup tube and 1/2 return in the tank. I took it out for a spin yesterday and it appears that the low end response is much better than before. Once the truck hits the next gear at wot it becomes a rocket. :wink[3]: (at least for weighing almost 8600lbs). I set the fuel pressure at around 63psi which it seemed to respond the best to. Before I was seeing 58psi.

When funds come around I might just drop a set of single shot stage 1 injectors in her and take her back to the dyno (Only live 10 miles away from one lol).

I will post some more pics of the install at a later date.

#3 ·
I think I spent roughly $1000-1200 on the entire setup, but this was buying a few extra pieces and going with teflon hose which is 100% biodiesel capable. I also installed a 1/2" stainless return tube.

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.