HPOP Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HPOP Questions

Well I found out today my HPOP went south and it is at the Ford dealership now. My question is whats the benefits of doing a stock over a aftermarket pump.. I am currently running a ts 6 position, exhaust and DIY intake. I have no plans going big injectors or anything like that. Next question is how hard to install is it.. is there a write up anywhere or is this something better off left to the professionals.. What all needs to be replaced when a HPOP is replaced
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 06:22 AM

I have not quoted a stock replacement but based on how bad they typically are an aftermarket one is probably the better deal. It seems even with stock setup people see some minor gains with the aftermarket ones. I think this page has some good information and he is a good guy. I drove up to his place one time to pick up some things on very short notice. DieselOrings: High Pressure Oil Pump reseal kit - 7.3L Powerstroke
Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 AM

Get a t-500 from terminator, $450. Not hard to do. You'll need 1/2" socket with a short extension for the mounting bolts on the fuel bowl. 9/16", 5/8" & 3/4" wrenches for the fuel lines. I would get the orings for the fuel lines too. You'll need a oil line disconnect tool for the hpop lines and disconnect them at the pump. Then you need to remove the ebp line by the sensor, two 5/8" wrenches, a stubby wrench works good once it's broke loose. Then you have 2 bolts to remove the access cover (8mm) go with a screw driver and pry it away and clean the old grey silicon off. Then remove the drive gear bolt (18mm) with an extension, I break it loose the spin it out by hand kind of a pain because there is a coolant hose coming off the top of the water pump. Then two bolts mounting the hpop to the front cover 10mm and its out. You can also remove the hpop resivior to see the gear and bolt for installation, I would remove after the hpop is out so then all the oil will drain down the valley, it will be messy. Put a drain pan under the dust cover where the tranny bolts up to the engine. I would also get a new ipr too and a hpop mounting gasket, and IH gray silicon for the access cover I think that's all. Anyone feel free to add if I missed something

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

They are fairly easy to replace. The post above mine pretty much covers it.

We carry the Terminator T-500 HPOP if you are interested.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:16 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
EASY to install, look at a t-500. Best bang for the buck on the market right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.