Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ford AIS extended life filter kit

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  CarportMechanic 
#1 ·
Just ordered the AIS kit for my truck found a pretty good deal at dieselfiltersonline.com the cost was 189.99. That is the cheapest I have found.

#2 ·
That's better than I got, mine was $224.53 at RiffRaff, free shipping though...

#4 ·
I have one for sale used if anyone is interested.

#9 ·
I know, it's an old thread. I am thinking of going from 6637 to the AIS simply for the cleaner look. However, I have a question regarding plumbing from the box to the turbo. PO had a K&N filter mounted to a K&N tube, but the tube isn't for the 7.3. I don't know what it is for, but it's not for the 7.3. What is the proper replacement piece?

#10 ·
This is the stock tube that goes from the filter to the metal sleeve that houses the CCV.

Ford Superduty Excursion 7 3L Diesel Air Intake Hose | eBay

I also have a AIS system sitting in my shed that i replaced with a 6637. I thought it was the stock air box until i took it out and wondered what the huge blue filter was. Sitting in my shed collecting dust. Right offer might motivate me to sell it. I also get 75% off UPS through my work so cheap shipping. Can take picks if anyone interested. Pretty sure the filter was fairly new.

#11 ·
Thank you for the link. I don't have the funds at the moment. Just getting things planned out for when I need to change out my filter. The 6637 will do the job just fine until then, but I figure to replace it with a cleaner setup instead of keeping it.

#12 ·
OK, like i said it just collecting dust. Im in no hurry to get rid of it. If your interested later on let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.