my plans for 400-450hp tell me what you think - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my plans for 400-450hp tell me what you think

OK so I already have the mods in my sig. And I plan on adding. Injectors (not sure which ones ) 6.0 ic. Custom tunes. Valve body for the trans. Van turbo. X2 factory fuel pumps and rr. Anyone see any issues with my plans? With the right injectors could this setup get me 400+hp to the rear? What would u guys change? And what kinda injectors? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Both the "What would you change?" And the "What injectors?" questions can't really be answered unless we know what/if you have a budget.

On a budget you should get some reman stage 2's and have some fun.
With a bigger budget get hybrids and GT38 etc. and have some fun.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:31 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Basically What joel said..

We can't tell you what you should do. without knowing your budget...

If you don't have a budget.. or its a large budget you do have..

like he said, get some hybrids injectors.. and a gt38r... That'll definitely put you above 400... But, You will need more than just a valvebody job for the transmission, With the 7.3's.. You definitely need a built transmission when your pushing 450.. Especially if when you drive it, you use that HP..
Old 01-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Premium Member

I don't have a set budget. But It's not a big one. I'm still a college kid. I would like to stick with a stock tranny and van turbo. Due to budget. Is there any worries with reman injectors? And I'm gonna use the truck as a daily driver. Maybe a little drag racing. And I do haul on occasion. I tote my dads 16k backhoe around. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventryjr View Post
I don't have a set budget. But It's not a big one. I'm still a college kid. I would like to stick with a stock tranny and van turbo. Due to budget. Is there any worries with reman injectors? And I'm gonna use the truck as a daily driver. Maybe a little drag racing. And I do haul on occasion. I tote my dads 16k backhoe around. Thanks for the input.

If thats the case, Then go with a set of stage 2's. That van turbo, personally I don't know much about.. But Maybe throw a wicked wheel into it.. And definitely do the Valve body... Maybe consider a better Torque Converter while your there..

I don't know if that'll get you to 400Hp.. But it should definitely get you a good "seat of the pants" feeling while your driving.. and you could probably just tell most people its pushing at least 425.. and they wouldn't know the difference :p

If your looking at towing 16k.. I wouldn't be going to extreme off the deep end..
Old 01-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Premium Member

Any brand of stage 2s better then others or alkeep they all pretty much the same?
Old 01-01-2013, 05:23 PM

Yeah give Matt at Full force diesel hes the man when it come to injectors. As far as a budget build if all you want is a little more you can pull with. Do stage 1s or 2s for a little more and throw a gen2 wicked wheel in your stock turbo. Do yo ur supporting mods with a good tuner. You should be ok for a while but when I went form 1s to 2s on my truck I lost my trans soon after. My brother did the same thing but he got 5months out his. I say stick to ones for you wanna feel safe running a stock trans. Im getting ready to jump to 250/200s but I thinkthe stg 2s ae all around fun.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I would buy as big an injector as I could afford and have tunes done for them. The horsepower bug bites hard and you'll probably want to start adding more in the future. I would suggest 250/200's or 300/200's. They can always be detuned and you won't have to buy new ones when you want to add more power after doing more upgrades. I learned this lesson the hard way.

I am currently running FFD's 250/100 remans and have a set of 400/200 remans waiting to go in the truck once I get a primary turbo for my compound set up. I have had an excellent experience with them and their customer service has been awesome. I wouldn't hesitate, for a moment, to buy anything from Swamp's. They make excellent products.

I'm not very experienced with the van turbo but, iirc, you should be able to get ~400+rwhp out of it.

For tunes, I recommend Matt@gearhead. I've ran DI and Bean's live tunes and like Matt's the best. They drive like a stock truck til you get over 50% pedal, then they haul ***. DI's and Bean's had touchy throttles, which I dislike, and were much, much smokier with much higher EGT's. I can't make my truck hit 1400*, pulling my 13,000# 5er with Matt's tunes. I just pulled that 5er from Forsyth, Ga. to Las Cruces, Nm. and it ran great. Matt also tuned my truck so that it keeps RPM's up when the tranny shifts so the truck doesn't fall flat on its face. I can hit an on ramp and be near highway speeds at the end of it pulling my trailer without blacking out the whole highway. The truck is also easier to drive in rainy or icy conditions.

Last edited by DocBar; 01-01-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:40 PM

Throw some 160/100s or 180/100 and rock it. Don't waste money on the 6.0 ic its a waste.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Dam....your stock trans will get killed by stage 2's, big Hybrids..no way even detuned its not the way to go. Then add in Head studs, valve springs etc...way out of your budjet

Your turbo won't even take stage 1's which with the correct mods will get you 400HP.

If you want to keep costs down stick to a set of stage 1's..then do not turn it up till you can get a 38r, better Tq converter and a VB..if your trans is in good shape it will last.

PM me if I can help we have everything needed .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.