Looking For a Good Tranny Parts Combo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 09:55 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking For a Good Tranny Parts Combo

Recently my tranny rolled a 7. I've got it out of the truck now & I want to right ALL the wrongs. Here are my truck's mods: 2001 F-250 XLT 4x4- TW 6pos(stock, lt tow, daily, street, hi-I, & extreme), turbo back 4" exh, Technicooler, ITP boost fooler, & Whiz Wheel. I'm looking for a TC, valve body, & performance rebuild kit. I will eventually buy a deep sump pan w/ filter, but from what I've been looking at online, it's going to have to be last as I only have funds for the internals.

I DO NOT want an extreme crazy package as this truck will not see 1/4 or a sled pull. When I tow anything, it's never over 10,000lb. I want something that'll improve shifts & also be able to put up with the street tune on the TW chip. Money is somewhat an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 09:57 AM
The Screwy HEUI

For mods, it also has an S&B CAI & Big Head WGA. Don't know if these will make a difference.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What are you looking to spend?

For probably just a little more you can have one that is ready to install in a few days and is back with a warranty.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:19 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaboy02powerstroke View Post
What are you looking to spend?

For probably just a little more you can have one that is ready to install in a few days and is back with a warranty.
I appreciate the tip, carolinaboy02powerstroke, but I can't afford an entire unit & the main cause is because of the cost of shipping on top of the price of the transmission. My dad's an incredible transmission mechanic, so disassembling & reassembling's going to be done correct &........FREE! It's easier & cheaper, in my case, to just rebuild what I have now. The truck's too old & doesn't have enough modifications that really pushes me to buy a new tranny. As much as I'd love to have one.....my pockets won't let me. So now I've got to rely on the resources I have. Money's never one of them. LMAO!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine has all suncoast internals. They sell rebuild kits for around $500 something. Ive also heard good about BTS transmission's. I haven't had a problem with mine yet. Im about to get a John Woods valve body or have a guy that builds pulling trans just mod mine. I have a triple disk torque converter from suncoast also. I hope that helps some. I don't know much about all the parts or who's the best but i have had good luck with my Suncoast.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:12 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003powerstroke1 View Post
Mine has all suncoast internals. They sell rebuild kits for around $500 something. Ive also heard good about BTS transmission's. I haven't had a problem with mine yet. Im about to get a John Woods valve body or have a guy that builds pulling trans just mod mine. I have a triple disk torque converter from suncoast also. I hope that helps some. I don't know much about all the parts or who's the best but i have had good luck with my Suncoast.
I appreciate it, man. Someone had mentioned on PSN that the Punisher trans from MTS diesel was really affordable. I checked out the site & it turns out I can't afford the tranny, but they did have everything I was looking for at a much cheaper price. I ordered the parts yesterday & they're in the mail.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good deal, let us know how it goes!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaboy02powerstroke View Post
Good deal, let us know how it goes!
I will, bro! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.