PHP Installed! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PHP Installed!

Short Story: The PHP Phoenix is well worth the money!

Long Story: I bought this truck three weeks ago from a friend of my father's. It came with an edge evolution already installed set on the extreme setting. While driving home (1200 miles) I was able to get 19mpg average but noticed on mountain passes egt's would get to around 1300 degrees just to maintain 65mph. Once home I started researching and decided to order the php phoenix. Daily driving the edge got around 17mpg. I sold the edge and drove the truck stock for a week. As you can imagine the truck was a dog and got around 14mpg with simular driving habits as the edge. I ordered my phoenix from KT performance and it was shipped the next day. I got stock, 1000 high idle, 65 daily, 100 performance, 120 race, and 140 extreme. Installation was quite easy but I did learn the easiest way to get silicon off was to scrape it with a sharp knife.

So far I have ran the 65 daily, 120 race and 140 extreme. The 65 daily feels as powerful as the edge on extreme but with zero smoke and better shifting habits. The edge seemed to want to go directly from third to locked overdrive at 40. The 140 extreme seems to shift early to cause more smoke output but I suppose is nice for screwing around, though I feel it could turn someone into a douche pretty quick. I just tried the 120 race this morning and all I can say is WOW! It chirps first and straight burns the tires in second even running 35s. I had previously owned an efi live tuned 5.3 chevy and I feel this truck could easily beat it to 60. The smoke output was a slight haze and max egt 0-70 was around 1350. I would Highly recommend this chip.
I will post mileage when I fill it up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the Info im considering getting one of these. Your imput helps
Old 12-28-2012, 10:43 AM

Thanks Dave, I'm considering one as well (gauges first). What are your MPG's on the PHP? (Just read the last line, my bad) Also, if you can, post a picture of your speaker box, the one under the seat.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
Glad you are happy with it! Bill is the man and their products are top notch!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I just filled the truck up. Went 149 miles on 8.7 gallons which is 17 mpg. That is driving 80% highway on 65 tune and the rest in town on 140. Also two seperate races with some buddies. On a side note a 6.0 chevy gasser will beat me by a hair on 120 race with him basically stock. As for pictures of the speakers let me figure out how to post them real quick. I will try to be more conservative this next fill up. Hopefully can get 20
Old 12-29-2012, 12:51 PM

Sweet dude, that's awesome! I have to get gauges first, then it's on!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I can get dimensions if you'd like. Between that and the ten it sounds okay. I have a 500 watt mono amp running all subs and a 1000 watt 5 channel amp running all diamond components. I'll probably end up throwing another amp in with a 12 I just sit in the back seat and can take out quickly

Here's a pic of the truck:
Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Congrats on the chip!. Ive been running PHP for a while now, including custom tunes for big injectors. I love Bills Tunes, very nice power curve and not touchy at all like others.

PHP tunes are awesome and my favorite.
Beans tunes are great but I do not like the 40mph shift into OD no matter what.
Tony Wildman tunes are supposed to be great as well.

I think anyone looking for a chip would be happy with any of the 3 I listed.

I did not gain any mileage, but didn't lose any either. I am perfectly happy keeping current mileage but gaining a ton more power. EGT's are also excellent using PHP tunes

Enjoy your new tunes
Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 AM

Nice setup, I didn't even think of that.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I should probably start a new thread but does anyone know anything about the htt big bad woof turbo? Turns out I have one. And I do not have a boost gauge yet but seems like the truck runs hotter than it should. I have gotten up to 1400 and truck seems kinda slow but not much smoke.
This is the turbo:
High Tech Turbo Big Bad Woof Ford Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.