Best tuner for a 2000 7.3? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 10:41 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best tuner for a 2000 7.3?

So I'm thinking about buying a chip and wasn't sure what would be best for my truck. I've heard good things about the TS 6 position, but wasn't really sure what else was out there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Lots of threads on this.
A TS style chip with tunes from Tony Wildman, PHP, Swaps, or others is the best

I made my Samsung SGH-I997 send this.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:41 AM

Thanks for the info. Where can i get the best price on one? shipped to canada lol
Old 12-15-2012, 12:06 PM

Do some searching and then check into the vendors listed here. There is enough info on this site for you to make a decision or have a lot more specific question to ask. For the best, buy a chip with custom tunes on it.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:45 PM

I just bought my first 7.3 last week after having 5 problem free 6.0s. Its a 2001 F250 CCSB 4x4 and I only bought it because A. I needed a truck and B. It was a crazy good deal. I have been tuning my 6.0's with SCT Advantage software for about 6 years and have gotten pretty good at it. I was running around asking the same thing after I programed the truck with my livewire and I was reallllllllly disapointed. I happend upon a used TS 6 Position on craigslist for 150 bucks and bought it. It was not custom tuned, just a mail order straight from TS Performance. Im here to tell you, it blows my mind how strong this ole pig is! Its to the point where I wonder how safe it is for the truck! I am a SCT fanboy to the fullest but the TS is staying in my truck. Take what I say as a 7.3 newbie, I have only tried SCT, Bully Dogs Powerpup, and this TS. There are alot more programmers/chips out there, but dang this thing is BAD A$$ right outa the box! I contacted Brian Jeilich and told him I wanted some custom burns but Im not sure I will need it.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We can set you up with tunes if you are interested. We have a few different options as far as chips and programmers go.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:49 PM

Do u have a link to a website so i can take a look? Also what would shipping to canada run me
Old 12-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POOLIN View Post
Do u have a link to a website so i can take a look? Also what would shipping to canada run me
You can check out all of our chip and programmer options at Diesel tuning products for Ford PowerStroke

You can also find the shipping charges when adding the product to your cart.

If you would like more specific information on any of our products, don't hesitate to contact me.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:44 AM

Power Hungry Performance - (PHP) - Hydra Light.... Nothing more to say.... Just my $.02....

www.gopowerhungry.com
Old 12-30-2012, 09:16 PM

The 2 most popular choices are a TS style chip and DP tuner which have both been mentioned.

I have run both DP tuner and TS. I used to love my DP but always had egt issues and everyone told me my egts were normal. So I believed them and continued on.
One day I decided to try another TS chip (used to run one in my old 99) Did my research and decided on PHP (Power Hungry Performance).

The way PHP and DP tune is night and day different. Granted either can customize the tunes to an extent, standard PHP tunes are awesome. Truck is much more driveable with smoother power curve. I also didn't realize how touchy the pedal was on my DP tunes till I got my PHP tunes. EGT issues went away as well.

Keep in mind, my DP tunes were a good 3-4 yrs old and I am sure they have made some changes. Overall DP tunes keep many people happy as Do PHP.

For TS style chips, you also have the choice of Beans, Tony Wildman, Swamps, Gearhead, and BTS. These are all great tunes.

My recommendation is to go to the different sites, call them and choose the most appealing option for you. There is no wrong way to go with what I have listed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.