Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Built transmission

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dentexpowerstroke 
#1 ·
Alright guys you help me out before I need help on this now too. I'm look for someone or somewhere and builds good transmissions. Running stage 1 single shot injectors with the TS custom programmer that's it for now on power. But I'm looking at running stage 2 with 38r turbo and going up to 37s for tires. I pull a 25" gooseneck a couple of times a month just like pulling a boat couple times a month. I do a lot of daily driving and I have a foot is a little heavy. I was looking at getting the BD performance one but I really don't want to spend $4500. So hopefully somebody out there in the Florida area can help me out here.. thanks:confused:

#4 ·
Yeah, I wouldn't use BD or sun coast.

BTS has a 2 year warranty, but he has the best customer service I've ever heard of and will take care of you even after the warranty. There is also John wood, Warren diesel, twisted diesel, racer x. These are the only ones I would EVER install in my truck.

#5 ·
Is there negatives to sun coast? I don't know anything about them, or anything about transmissions at all really. I just have a buddy that swears they are the best thing ever.

#6 ·
I've heard of a lot of guys having failures multiple times with sun coast and having to cut their losses and buy a different trans or torque converter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.