need help choosing hybrids... - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
X2....at 500HP your at 1000tq easy..IMO more than that trans is good for.

IMO stick to stage 1's..correct mods close to 400HP.

Problem with more is its still gona get killed by a lower HP auto in a race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 01:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Don't really race. Just like POWER!

Thanks,
MG
Old 12-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
X2....at 500HP your at 1000tq easy..IMO more than that trans is good for.

IMO stick to stage 1's..correct mods close to 400HP.

Problem with more is its still gona get killed by a lower HP auto in a race.
So would a Rosewood 200/30, or something like that, be advisable? As far as turbos go. H2e or GTP38R? From previous posts I know you do not think too much of GTP38Rs.

Thanks,
Old 12-06-2012, 01:30 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
30% nozzles IMO are dumb its the flavor of the day so guys have inj's to sell since 100% nozzles are so hard to get......just get stage 1's stock nozzles, they actually work great with a modded H2e kit..should make very close to 400HP with the correct combination of parts and tunes..PM me if you would like a quote on all.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM

Will do. I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i REALLY don't want to go to an auto, i have just always been a stick person and i love the ZF6. i have had good luck with them if you keep if full of high quality lubrication, but have never put 1000 ft lbs through it either. i guess i would consider going to an auto if that's what it takes to keep it together. BTS after the ZF6 flies apart?

been doing some research other places and it has been suggested i run a set of 238/80's with gearhead tunes. good plan for that 68/74/1.10?

let me know what you think.

BTW, i realize thats asking a lot out of a motor with 305k. the plan is to overhaul it next winter. if it flies apart between now and then, i have alternative forms of transporation.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Coal Rolling = Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkurkowski View Post
i REALLY don't want to go to an auto, i have just always been a stick person and i love the ZF6. i have had good luck with them if you keep if full of high quality lubrication, but have never put 1000 ft lbs through it either. i guess i would consider going to an auto if that's what it takes to keep it together. BTS after the ZF6 flies apart?

been doing some research other places and it has been suggested i run a set of 238/80's with gearhead tunes. good plan for that 68/74/1.10?

BTW, i realize thats asking a lot out of a motor with 305k. the plan is to overhaul it next winter. if it flies apart between now and then, i have alternative forms of transporation.
The concern is the weight that'll be on it every day, with that power.

If you actually drive it like a stockish truck, the ZF6 might do alright. But that's gonna be hard to do.

And even driving it conservatively, there's a guy in GA with a F550 on his third ZF6 in the last year, due to towing heavy/aggressively. And that's at just over 300hp IIRC.

238/80's with Gearhead tunes ought to do great.

And if it's been maintained halfway decent, 300k is nothing to be afraid of.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:32 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If I recall 238/80 is what is on matt's truck so I'm sure tuning on that would be insanely dialed in since I'm sure matt has spent some time dialing his in.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentexpowerstroke View Post
If I recall 238/80 is what is on matt's truck so I'm sure tuning on that would be insanely dialed in since I'm sure matt has spent some time dialing his in.
you are correct. i talked to matt on the phone just the other day and that's what he said.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkurkowski View Post

I spoke with Dan@Midwest Transmission last week and he told me that he ZF6 can do 1000 lb ft all day long. He said he had his truck in the Diesel Power Challenge and was putting down 1300 lb ft while sled pulling all the time. I am sending my ZF6 to them to get rebuilt and cryo'd. He said upgrading your clutch goes without saying. After speaking with him I felt better about putting a lot of power through a ZF6. When I put mine to task I am going to make sure it is full of quality fluid and go from there. If something happens, oh well, I will just cross that bridge when I come to it.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.