Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

TW chip using DP switcher

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Power Hungry 
#1 ·
has anyone tryed using a DP 6 pos led switcher on TW tunes?

#2 ·
Your going to have to do a bunch of leg work to make it work. DP has their chips locked to their programing. I would start off with getting a F6. You will need a good signal analyzer and a good understanding of how the programming works. Start by cracking DP's encryption algorithm then apply it to TW tunes, you should be able to upload them then. Or you could just use DP tunes on DP hardware or TW tunes on a 6 position chip and save yourself a lot of work. Both companies have great tunes, I like the DP hardware better despite it's sensitivity to RF interference. There is also a new chip similar to DP from PHP, it might take TW tunes, not sure.

#3 ·
yeah i messed up, should have said TW 6pos chip. not tunes. thought it would be cool to have a digital readout of what position its in.

#4 ·
Doubt it would work as DP is using a digital switching mechanism. You could build something for the rotary knob. Either add a single digit LED array and use the rotary switch probably with just some diodes and relays to turn on the right segments of the LED. Or build a switcher of your own, perhaps with a PIC, you could program it to accept two inputs, control the LED segments and replicate the output of the rotary switcher.

#5 ·
well damn! looks like it won't happen. thanks for the input. may try and figure it out when i get some time.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.