stealth exhuast vs mbrp etc.....exhuast ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: dirty jerzey
Posts: 425
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stealth exhuast vs mbrp etc.....exhuast ?

i was looking around at rauls site at the exhuast they sell,i want to buy an exhuast from stealth -auto. can i put the mbrp muffler delete pipe on it? is the sound quality (loudness) the same? quality construction?, does the stealth come with the hangers to just bolt up like the mbrp does? thanks alot, im sure raul can help me out as always also what is the main difference between a stainless system and aluminized, my truck is going to be around saltwater all of its life, on the beach and my parents summer house is on the bay, and it sits there at work in salty air, would the stainless protect the pipe? thanks

Last edited by DIESEL KEVIN; 10-27-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-27-2007, 10:45 AM
duct tape & zip ties

 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Willis, MI
Posts: 10,760
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
I have the stealth exhaust 4 inch straight pipe. I love it, in my opinion if your wanting straight pipe exhaust it don't matter what brand you get. A 4 inch straight pipe exhaust is going to sound the same no matter what name is on the box. But for the cost and installation. I think the stealth exhaust system is awesome.

If I was going to do it all over again I would buy the same exhaust I have now. For sound it is not extremely loud but you can surely hear the whistle of the turbo better. It is not annoying and I love it.

By the way my kit came with the muffler even though I ordered straight pipe. But guess what Raul took care of it. One simple phone call and a couple days later my muffler delete pipe was at my house. I installed the exhaust with the muffler and when I received the delete pipe I just popped the muffler off and installed the delete pipe.

Installation was simple it does help to have a buddy to help you line up the down tube. Not one piece of the exhaust rubs any where on my truck. I have no rattles from it either. I say go for it and get the stealth exhaust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Drain Oregon
Posts: 2,387
Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL KEVIN View Post
i was looking around at rauls site at the exhuast they sell,i want to buy an exhuast from stealth -auto. can i put the mbrp muffler delete pipe on it? is the sound quality (loudness) the same? quality construction?, does the stealth come with the hangers to just bolt up like the mbrp does? thanks alot, im sure raul can help me out as always also what is the main difference between a stainless system and aluminized, my truck is going to be around saltwater all of its life, on the beach and my parents summer house is on the bay, and it sits there at work in salty air, would the stainless protect the pipe? thanks

Thats a good question. From my years of marine experiance I learned that stanless isn't always the best. Stainless won't corrod as long as the surface is in contact with an oxygeninated medium like air or water. But, if it does not have this contact for a period of time it will begin to corrode and can experiance catetrophic failure. I few years ago, like thirty, a manufacturer decided to experiment with stainless prop shafts. They worked fine but they found that if the boat sat for a while and no water or air was in contact with the shaft under the seal that when she was fired up she would snap off and fall into the water. So, now everyone uses the same steel used in rifle barrles without problems even though it will rust. Aluminized is a thin coating and can be scratched looking ugly, all aluminum is soft and subject to fatigue. Ford now uses stainless for there sd exhaust systems and they wouldn't spend the extra money if it wasn't for a good reason. I would get the stainless but be sure and wash it down after playing in the mud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-27-2007, 10:52 AM
duct tape & zip ties

 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Willis, MI
Posts: 10,760
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
Thats a good question. From my years of marine experiance I learned that stanless isn't always the best. Stainless won't corrod as long as the surface is in contact with an oxygeninated medium like air or water. But, if it does not have this contact for a period of time it will begin to corrode and can experiance catetrophic failure. I few years ago, like thirty, a manufacturer decided to experiment with stainless prop shafts. They worked fine but they found that if the boat sat for a while and no water or air was in contact with the shaft under the seal that when she was fired up she would snap off and fall into the water. So, now everyone uses the same steel used in rifle barrles without problems even though it will rust. Aluminized is a thin coating and can be scratched looking ugly, all aluminum is soft and subject to fatigue. Ford now uses stainless for there sd exhaust systems and they wouldn't spend the extra money if it wasn't for a good reason. I would get the stainless but be sure and wash it down after playing in the mud.
My stock exhaust was all rusted up. I went with the aluminum and I have yet to show any signs of rusting. I live in Michigan too where salt is on the roads for 7 months out of the year on average. I also go off into the dirt and I go through the woods and cross creeks when I go hunting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Drain Oregon
Posts: 2,387
Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
My stock exhaust was all rusted up. I went with the aluminum and I have yet to show any signs of rusting. I live in Michigan too where salt is on the roads for 7 months out of the year on average. I also go off into the dirt and I go through the woods and cross creeks when I go hunting.
Aluminum would rust it just gets brittle when worked then cracks. Good info, I had wondered about how aluminum would work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Serving Our Country!
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: GREAT LAKES,IL
Posts: 636
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
exhaust pipe is exhaust pipe there all the same from company to company. just a different name on box is all. and of course the different are metals. the cheapest exhaust systems will sound the same as the most expensive. a guy at work at mbrp stack kit and i have grand rock stack kit andtehy both soudn the excat same. that my way of thinking about different exhaust most places your just paying for the name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Drain Oregon
Posts: 2,387
Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokermann View Post
exhaust pipe is exhaust pipe there all the same from company to company. just a different name on box is all. and of course the different are metals. the cheapest exhaust systems will sound the same as the most expensive. a guy at work at mbrp stack kit and i have grand rock stack kit andtehy both soudn the excat same. that my way of thinking about different exhaust most places your just paying for the name.

Well said General Lee. My guess is the pipe even comes outa the same factory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,361
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Hey buys sorry i didn't see this thread earlier.... i was busy modding all day... funny you would ask this is because me and nick (diesel Nick) just finished installing this same kit onto his truck... the sound is awesome and the install was very easy.... we got a straight pipe for it and the sound between having a muffler and not is big..... let me know if you have any questions.... if you really want to go with SS the best will be the 304 stainless MBRP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Drain Oregon
Posts: 2,387
Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
Hey buys sorry i didn't see this thread earlier.... i was busy modding all day... funny you would ask this is because me and nick (diesel Nick) just finished installing this same kit onto his truck... the sound is awesome and the install was very easy.... we got a straight pipe for it and the sound between having a muffler and not is big..... let me know if you have any questions.... if you really want to go with SS the best will be the 304 stainless MBRP
Is 304 marine grade? Marine grade would be the best. I know 318 is marine grade and I think 304 maybe food grade. Anyone know for sure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,361
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
Is 304 marine grade? Marine grade would be the best. I know 318 is marine grade and I think 304 maybe food grade. Anyone know for sure?
actually i dont know for sure... maybe someone else will come around and let us know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors