Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hydra Chip Light

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Groovy Chick 
#1 ·
Stock 2002 F250, no catalytic converter, but bone stock. Looking for some more power, now that the truck is running like a champ. I've been back and forth between chips and programmers, and found the PHP Hydra chip light. Looks like a pretty sweet deal, 17 position selection, fully loaded chip, with software to re-program as needed at home for... FREE! So, I checked out their Facebook page, and they are going to offer a package deal with the Edge Insight.
Don't know that I'm going to be able to not purchase this. Canned tunes for my truck should be pretty spot on, as I don't plan on modifying much.
Thoughts? PHP seems to have a pretty good rep here, and the chip seems to be a good deal at $425

#3 ·
One other thing to keep in mind with the Hydra Chip is that you're not locked into just using PHP tunes. You can order tunes from anyone you'd like and install them on the chip. You could get tunes from Tony Wildman, Matt @ Gearhead, or any of a number of other tuners and those tunes will work just fine on the chip. :)

#7 ·
I'm pretty sure that if you don't own a laptop, you wouldn't be interested in setting programs for your own truck. You'd be sending things back through the mail and talking on a rotary phone... :thumb:
This is becoming a no brainer for me. If the wife wasn't outside on the phone, I'd be getting the PCM code off my 250, and finishing the order online.
Looking forward to some package pricing for the chip and Edge combo, I just have to explain the package to momma when it shows up.
(may have to mail y'all a postal money order, so I can hide the transaction costs....)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.