Hydra Chip Light - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hydra Chip Light

Stock 2002 F250, no catalytic converter, but bone stock. Looking for some more power, now that the truck is running like a champ. I've been back and forth between chips and programmers, and found the PHP Hydra chip light. Looks like a pretty sweet deal, 17 position selection, fully loaded chip, with software to re-program as needed at home for... FREE! So, I checked out their Facebook page, and they are going to offer a package deal with the Edge Insight.
Don't know that I'm going to be able to not purchase this. Canned tunes for my truck should be pretty spot on, as I don't plan on modifying much.
Thoughts? PHP seems to have a pretty good rep here, and the chip seems to be a good deal at $425
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I think it is a good setup I don't know that I would ever use more than 3 or 4 tunes but the fact that you could try all of them and not have to send in the chip is nice!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Premium Member

One other thing to keep in mind with the Hydra Chip is that you're not locked into just using PHP tunes. You can order tunes from anyone you'd like and install them on the chip. You could get tunes from Tony Wildman, Matt @ Gearhead, or any of a number of other tuners and those tunes will work just fine on the chip.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
One other thing to keep in mind with the Hydra Chip is that you're not locked into just using PHP tunes. You can order tunes from anyone you'd like and install them on the chip. You could get tunes from Tony Wildman, Matt @ Gearhead, or any of a number of other tuners and those tunes will work just fine on the chip.
That is good to know!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
I was reading on the facebook page and saw that a longer usb was an option does the cable that comes with the unit require you to remove the chip to add programs to it?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ 500 View Post
I was reading on the facebook page and saw that a longer usb was an option does the cable that comes with the unit require you to remove the chip to add programs to it?
Yes; we made the longer cable an option because we know that not every person out there owns a laptop and can just sit in their truck to reprogram their chip.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm pretty sure that if you don't own a laptop, you wouldn't be interested in setting programs for your own truck. You'd be sending things back through the mail and talking on a rotary phone...
This is becoming a no brainer for me. If the wife wasn't outside on the phone, I'd be getting the PCM code off my 250, and finishing the order online.
Looking forward to some package pricing for the chip and Edge combo, I just have to explain the package to momma when it shows up.
(may have to mail y'all a postal money order, so I can hide the transaction costs....)
Old 11-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave75d View Post
I'm pretty sure that if you don't own a laptop, you wouldn't be interested in setting programs for your own truck. You'd be sending things back through the mail and talking on a rotary phone...
This is becoming a no brainer for me. If the wife wasn't outside on the phone, I'd be getting the PCM code off my 250, and finishing the order online.
Looking forward to some package pricing for the chip and Edge combo, I just have to explain the package to momma when it shows up.
(may have to mail y'all a postal money order, so I can hide the transaction costs....)
I think you should stare her down, package and bank statment in hand and say. " *****, this is how it's gonna be".
Old 11-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave75d View Post
Oh, you can't imagine how many customers have stuff shipped to their place of business to hide it from Momma -- at least for awhile because we ALWAYS find out.

I should be posting the package prices at some point tomorrow or Saturday, so be sure to check out our FB page.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.