Injector Help! Newbie needs Info - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Injector Help! Newbie needs Info

So my search on Injectors has gone too long trying to find what I am looking for. I just want to know the basic's on Injectors, I have no clue what each stage Injector means and I guess the Cc rating of them. I am curious to figure this out in the future because I will be buying a PStroke soon and have been trying to find all the info I can so that I can either upgrade a 7.3 or bugout all the 6.0 problems Any and everything will help Thanks

Last edited by ErB 6.0; 11-07-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What exactly would you like to know? When it's in stage form it doesn't mean much, a stage 2 can be one of a ton of different sizes. The cc size refers to amount of fuel injected per 1000 injection events. The nozzle size means how much over the stock amount it flows. Let me know what details you want to know and I'll share more with you.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentexpowerstroke View Post
What exactly would you like to know? When it's in stage form it doesn't mean much, a stage 2 can be one of a ton of different sizes. The cc size refers to amount of fuel injected per 1000 injection events. The nozzle size means how much over the stock amount it flows. Let me know what details you want to know and I'll share more with you.
Like, when I read the forums and guys will say yeah I think i'm gonna put stage 2 injectors in. Well what is the difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 or stage 3 injector? Can it completely vary or is a stage 1 injector all the same based on "stage" I guess.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:30 PM

Just the bigger the stage the more fuel it puts in... The exact amount varies by builder

Travis T
1999.5 F350 CC 4x4 (mine)
2002 F250 CC 4x2 (wife's)
Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 PM

Well if that isn't a vague reply I don't know what is. Stage 1 is a bigger cc with a stock nozzle, stage 2 is bigger cc and bigger nozzle, stage 3 is a hybrid. Imo rating injectors by stages is pointless you can have a 160/100 or a 200/100 and they are both considered stage 2s yet completely different in capabilities.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Well if that isn't a vague reply I don't know what is. Stage 1 is a bigger cc with a stock nozzle, stage 2 is bigger cc and bigger nozzle, stage 3 is a hybrid. Imo rating injectors by stages is pointless you can have a 160/100 or a 200/100 and they are both considered stage 2s yet completely different in capabilities.
So... The higher the stage number the more fuel will come out the injector and there are lots of differences on how it's do exactly
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
So... The higher the stage number the more fuel will come out the injector and there are lots of differences on how it's do exactly
Aren't you a genius. My main point is a stage rating is pointless. If you knew so much about injectors, why didn't you explain the acutal difference. Anyone can say a stage 3 will flow mor than a stage 1. I just wish people would stop rating PSD injectors as stages and hp... Neither mean anything, try to call a tuner and say I have stage whatever injector and see how well they can tune it. When you rate injectors as a cc/nozzle size they know max flow rate and how fast it can empty.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Aren't you a genius. My main point is a stage rating is pointless. If you knew so much about injectors, why didn't you explain the acutal difference. Anyone can say a stage 3 will flow mor than a stage 1. I just wish people would stop rating PSD injectors as stages and hp... Neither mean anything, try to call a tuner and say I have stage whatever injector and see how well they can tune it. When you rate injectors as a cc/nozzle size they know max flow rate and how fast it can empty.
That's my point sir stages don't mean a whole lot actual numbers do... So basically higher stage number means more fuel is about all you can say....
Old 12-17-2012, 06:48 AM

Can you please explain what the 100% means. I have never heard this before until a month ago when I was getting a race tune from Elite Diesel. I said I had Hypermax 190cc injectors and they asked me if they were 100%. I have no idea. I do know the internals are modified and the tip is honed out. I know this becuase I have taken them apart to spwap parts with new injectors per Hypermax verbal instructions cause I had a period of time where I was eating injectors. I think it was the ROyal Purple Oil, but that is yet another issue. I no longer eat injectors, but still have no idea what 100% means. Don't intend to hyjack this thread, but thought it may help with the purchasing of injectors. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:33 PM

100% means 100% more fuel than stock. There are a lot of different nozzle sizes, pretty much anything between 30% and 200% which just means the % of fuel the nozzle can flow over a stock nozzle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
7.3, information, injectors, newbie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.