Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Turbonetics Ball Bearing Installed!!

5K views 54 replies 31 participants last post by  MrJohnWayne 
#1 ·
:woot :chicken: :rockwoot: :punk: :woot: :woot: :happydance: :woohoo: :burnout :boldblue:

Got the new turbo installed tonight!! man is that thing awesome compared to the stocker POS!!! builds boost so much faster! here are a few pics of the install..

Old turbo

New Turbo next to old

New Pedestal

New Turbo Nestled into its new home!

Truck all back together!

Got some plans this weekend to get some new video etc..

See less See more
#2 ·
:rockwoot:

SWEET MAN!!! Looks great! Can't wait for some 1/4 times! :D

#10 ·
This weekend! gonna hit the track!

that's a sexy turbo right there!!! nice job on the install..

hey I just noticed you have Interstate batteries and afe stage 2 and your amp wire set up same as I do :lol: with exception of your inter-cooler tubes and regulator our engine bays look very similar right down to the clutch reservoir lol

where did ya get your prefilter?? I was thinking on getting one too for mine
hahah Yeah I was going to say the same thing about yours the other day! :lol: I got the prefilter when I ordered the filter setup. any of out vendors here should have one if they carry AFE.

Hey John -- I think I see some oil staining on your hood insulator :D
yeah yeah shutup!! hahahah :lol: j/k man still stained from my stealth install and it wont come out....

Looks great JW. How does it run?
yeah john, hows it run bud?? how the spool up on it?? hows it sound?
It runs awesome. not really loud but a more distinct whistle now. I tried making some videos last night but my camera sucks at making videos. Couldnt really hear it.

And I havnt driven it alot. I got finished last night about 10 then went home to get the pics and stuff up. I'll have some more technical stuff in a couple days after the track.

Thanks to all for your comments!

#4 ·
that's a sexy turbo right there!!! nice job on the install..

hey I just noticed you have Interstate batteries and afe stage 2 and your amp wire set up same as I do :lol: with exception of your inter-cooler tubes and regulator our engine bays look very similar right down to the clutch reservoir lol

where did ya get your prefilter?? I was thinking on getting one too for mine

#5 ·
Hey John -- I think I see some oil staining on your hood insulator :D

#7 ·
Looks good John, cant wait for the video!

#9 ·
Looking good John.

Can't wait to see some new video.

#13 ·
Dude...I just wet myself!!!!:drool:

#15 ·
:eek:mg: I am jelous

#28 ·
Sweet!

That looks freaking awesome John, wish I could have helped man, mayb next time....hahaha knock on wood!
I still have the injectors to do.......... :)

you going to sell your stock turbo then?
nah. I want to keep it so i can rebuild it to keep as a spare just in case.

JW, how long did the install take?
bout 4 hours.... the highflow outlet wouldnt fit right on the downpipe so had to do some modifying and took up about 45 minutes.

how many psi?
not 100% I know over 25.

#19 ·
What track are you gonna run at? I'd like to see it run in person

#35 ·
He is going to Thunder Valley in Noble Ok, we are meeting in Denton at the Cracker Barrell Saturday morning and leaving there at 7am, time trials start at 9 and will end around 4 or 5ish. Gonna be a bunch of us from the North Texas Powerstroke Association convoying up, my cell is 817-932-5078, if you wanna give me a ring if you have any questions.

Luke Cline will be there with his rig too, looking for some low 12's

#27 ·
Lookin Good Rite There Bud

#37 ·
Cool. Thanks for the link bud!

beautiful, just beautiful.. dyno #s soon?
hopefully I want to put the injectors in too before dyno but I just might dyno on the turbo to see the difference.

Badd AZZ!!! I bet your happy as hogs in !@#$
oh yeah :headbang1:

:drool: That is BADA$$!!! Now I am gonna switch everything over to run that very turbo!!!!! :happydance:
Sweet. You will be happy with it!!

dang dang dang!!! I can't go :(

Good luck John and run some sweet times!
I hope I get some better times. last time I went down the track it was a dissapointment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.