Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stock 02, which upgrades?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BryceB 
#1 · (Edited)
Ive not quite figured out how to post pics to a thread yet. My 2002 7.3L Crew cab is all stock at this time 56,xxx miles. All I have done to it is regular maintenance, oil change, Trans flush, Rear axle flush, Fuel filter, New Tires, alignment. So I've been looking into upgrades and after reading on here and other things considered I'm looking at a MBRP S6200409 4" T409 Stainless Steel Turbo Back Single Side Exit Exhaust System, An aFe Air Intake System and a FORD 1994-2003 7.3L TS PERFORMANCE 6 POSITION POWER SWITCH. I went with Rotella 15W40 oil and Opti-Lube XPD Diesel Improver, What do you think of going with those choices? Thanks for your replies!

#2 ·
Sounds Similar to my set up. Should get you 300+HP and 650+ ft-lbs torque at the wheels with that set up.

Bryce

#3 ·
Those sound like good choices. With the chip I would get custom tunes on it from Beans, PHP, etc. Makes a world of difference. Also get some gauges to monitor boost, EGT and trans temp. Just to make sure they don't get out of control.

#4 ·
Ive not quite figured out how to post pics to a thread yet. My 2002 7.3L Crew cab is all stock at this time 56,xxx miles. All I have done to it is regular maintenance, oil change, Trans flush, Rear axle flush, Fuel filter, New Tires, alignment. So I've been looking into upgrades and after reading on here and other things considered I'm looking at a MBRP S6200409 4" T409 Stainless Steel Turbo Back Single Side Exit Exhaust System, An aFe Air Intake System and a FORD 1994-2003 7.3L TS PERFORMANCE 6 POSITION POWER SWITCH. I went with Rotella 15W45 oil and Opti-Lube XPD Diesel Improver, What do you think of going with those choices? Thanks for your replies!
Look at getting a custom tuned chip (gearhead, beans, Tony wildman, PHP). May want to check out diamond eye for the exhaust, quite a bit cheaper. Look at the diy 6637 intake. Also you need to look into gauges running any kind of tuning, Pyro, tranny, boost.

Sounds Similar to my set up. Should get you 300+HP and 650+ ft-lbs torque at the wheels with that set up.

Bryce
Nice truck, is it a lariat? I haven't seen many other dark green trucks without the tan stripe. That's what sold me on mine is the uniqueness of it.

#6 · (Edited)
Nice truck, is it a lariat? I haven't seen many other dark green trucks without the tan stripe. That's what sold me on mine is the uniqueness of it.
Thanks. Yep, mine's a Lariat. You're right... Not many that aren't two-tone. It's the Dark Highland Green... Same color as the mustang in Bullitt.

#5 ·
Is an XL, power nothing, vinyl floor, bench seats(surprisingly comfy) but I've been pricing on e-bay for upgrade seats (in the future) & with only 56xxx miles everything is nice and tight. It has a transmission temp gauge in the dash. I will defiantly check into the diy 6637 intake, gauges and looking at a Tony wildman tune (not sure which tunes to go with at this time other than high idle). It will be a work in progress for the next year or two but if figure the exhaust, air and tune would be the place to start, now that the normal maintenance items are done. When i figure out how to attach pics. I will post a few.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.