01 F350 Need gauges - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 06:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 F350 Need gauges

This is my 1st 7.3 crew cab sb, It is stock right now, but I would like to install a tuner and a air box and some day a larger exhaust, so I Need a set of gauges, EGT,Boost. looking for a good used set, what do u have
/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 09:21 AM

I would reccomend buying a new set of gauges and a brand name so they last and you get the quality.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn.Tamer View Post
This is my 1st 7.3 crew cab sb, It is stock right now, but I would like to install a tuner and a air box and some day a larger exhaust, so I Need a set of gauges, EGT,Boost. looking for a good used set, what do u have
/

You're in the same boat that I was in and am SLOWLY pulling myself out of. Before you get to your tuner, you need to get your exhaust and your air intake done. I'd suggest the napa 6637 air filter over K&N or any other brand that we would normally trust. You can get a 6637 filter off fleetfilter for $4X.XX shipped to your door.

Second, I would definitely upgrade your exhaust. I went with 4" MBRP Exhaust (Turbo-back). You could go straight pipe or with resonator for these. Alot of people suggest just straight pipe, I went with the resonator.

Third, (which is where I am now) order in your gauges with that current setup and get an understanding of your baseline. Once your baseline is 100% up to par (you've ironed out all of your mechanical problems, etc)... then get ready for the last stage.

Fourth, get that chip. I'm going with Tony Wildman. Alot of guys here use PHP, Beans, Tony Wildman, but they are all TS6 position chips. Which is what you should be looking at. Don't waste your time with something that isn't SPECIFICALLY designed for your exact vehicle.

Then, you get into the world of "do I want to cross the 400hp mark?" "Do I want to get up to 22mpg in the city?" "Do I want to be able to tow a Wal-Mart out of its own parking lot?" But everyone should have their truck, chipped, gauged, and breathing right.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:51 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^whs but I'd also look at gearhead along with php, beans and TW.I have glowshift gauges and have been happy, but save up and get isspro or autometer, or if you can find dipricol. Look at diamond eye for the exhaust, no need to overpay for a brand name piece of pipe. Also don't expect more than 20mpg. You have a 4ton truck that will tow whatever you want, they don't get good mpgs. People often believe the lie-o-meter/lie about their mpg these don't get good mpgs.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:26 AM

Honestly if you straight pipe your stock exhaust it will flow plenty enough for just a chip.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentexpowerstroke View Post
^whs but I'd also look at gearhead along with php, beans and TW.I have glowshift gauges and have been happy, but save up and get isspro or autometer, or if you can find dipricol. Look at diamond eye for the exhaust, no need to overpay for a brand name piece of pipe. Also don't expect more than 20mpg. You have a 4ton truck that will tow whatever you want, they don't get good mpgs. People often believe the lie-o-meter/lie about their mpg these don't get good mpgs.
If you know you're not going to go with more mods later (injectors/turbo) PHP will be cheaper for tunes. If you need to change tunes for more mods later, Gearhead has free reburns.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj Krawler View Post
If you know you're not going to go with more mods later (injectors/turbo) PHP will be cheaper for tunes. If you need to change tunes for more mods later, Gearhead has free reburns.
Tony Wildman does free reburns, too, on TW chips.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:34 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the input, what do you guys think about the S&B air system?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Premium Member

I would just go with a 6637 mod. I Love it. I also did a zoodad mod and a battery box mod. Also get the straight pipe before anything else... its cheap. I made stacks using 5" emt conduit. downpipe back for free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.