Dual walbros? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dual walbros?

I'm starting to get everything together to do a fuel system upgrade and I was gonna do dueling stockers and a fuel/water separator pre pump and a fuel filter(napa 4770 base and 3528 filter) post pump! Upgrade to larger 6an from tank to engine , harpoon, hutch! Etc etc!! My question is I can get two REAL Walbo gsl 392 fuel pumps for $150 new so are these good reliable pumps? Has anyone done dual walbro pumps? I gonna be doing Rosewood stage II injectors and a GTP38R in the next year depending on cash! I have a TS tuner with tunes from php, exhaust, intake! Thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 06:36 AM
Banned

Why are you going thru so much work for stage II's?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just cause I know my self all to well I'm will go even bigger later! Plus doing this fuel system can't hurt and it won't take long to get done and not cost to much! I've priced everything out already!

Last edited by 7.3zombie; 10-05-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Forgot somthing
Old 10-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Banned

Fair enough. Good luck then.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I've always preferred the Bosch 044 fuel pumps, as they are rated for diesel fuel where the Walbro 392 is not. Also, when you're plumbing the fuel system, be sure to run the pumps in parallel with each other, not in series. This will ensure max volume and pressure to the cylinder heads.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have looked at those Bosch 044 pumps too but they were alittle pricey! I though tht I'd get two walbro pumps cause they cost less then one Bosch pump or a stocker! This guy I know sells them! I planned on running them in parallel as will! My fuel system is like a mix of the home brew fuel system and maintains dual pump setup! Thanx for the info
Old 10-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Walbros

I've been running the Walbros for 4 years now. The higher fuel pressure is the best point with them. I have been able to run 105psi in the rails from idle to 3000rpm.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:03 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob@DP-Tuner View Post
I've always preferred the Bosch 044 fuel pumps, as they are rated for diesel fuel where the Walbro 392 is not. Also, when you're plumbing the fuel system, be sure to run the pumps in parallel with each other, not in series. This will ensure max volume and pressure to the cylinder heads.
Why wouldn't they be rated to flow diesel? Casserly even sells this pump on his website, and every time I see one listed its for a diesel 7.3L
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3zombie View Post
I have looked at those Bosch 044 pumps too but they were alittle pricey! I though tht I'd get two walbro pumps cause they cost less then one Bosch pump or a stocker! This guy I know sells them! I planned on running them in parallel as will! My fuel system is like a mix of the home brew fuel system and maintains dual pump setup! Thanx for the info
One walbro will flow enough for 250/100s, so I. Would think you could get away with it. If you're looking in doing the twin pumps, I'd just go with an aero motive pump for about the same price and it will flow more than two walbros.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsmoker View Post
I've been running the Walbros for 4 years now. The higher fuel pressure is the best point with them. I have been able to run 105psi in the rails from idle to 3000rpm.
Why you running 105 psi? Good lord that's a ton of pressure. Or did you just say you COULD run 105 psi?
Old 10-07-2012, 05:38 PM

Why not run dual stock pumps? They work great, for a long time, and can't run 105PSI which is awesome
Old 10-07-2012, 06:54 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dual walbros isnt the best idea. For that price get fuel lab or aeromotive. And 1 flows enough for a good sized injector. Dual stockers will flow more than a single walbro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.