Performace parts problems! No luck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 03:16 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Performace parts problems! No luck

I've been unlucky lately buying parts for the 2 7.3's. First off I drove up to VA to pick up a replacement 4" exhaust for the F450. My old 4" was rusted out and the owner of the shop told me his kit would work. I didn't have time to install so my buddy with an exh shop put it on. He got to the tail pipe and it wouldnt' work. I called the shop many times and finally he direct ordered one for my truck from another company. This process took 2 weeks and me and the owner didn't like each other after it was over. Rather than taking the original one back to him, I just sold it to a friend with a pickup. Meeting him face to face would not have helped my blood pressure.
Next I ordered some parts for the newly acquired 1999. I bought the same exhaust that worked on the 450 only to have clearance problems at the fuel tank. We modded the tail pipe and finally got it to work. The company told me someone must have changed the tank on the truck. Don't think so.
I wanted to replace the Superchips tuner in the 450 with a new DP chip. Special ordered it and installed it this week. Once it was installed my BD Xmonitor pyro went crazy. It read 2200 degrees all the time. Also the radio didn't have good reception. I pulled it today and everything was fine again. SO, I put the Superchips back in. Maybe DP can help me out but I really don't know if they can do anything about this. What the chip was doing didn't make sense. It did have good power and I will miss that.
I opened the box of the final order this evening. I bought an AFE for the new truck and also got an edge evolution for it. I assembled the AFE then opened the hood. The truck turned out to be an early 99! I studied this board and read that if the door had a 7.3 emblem and the emblem was not on the fender then I had a late 99. Guess that was wrong since the emblem is on the door of this truck. I didn't even bother installing the edge. Who knows what will happen with that?
So here are a couple questions:
Does AFE make a box to fit an early 99? I might get the company to swap with me.
Does anyone think DP can help the chip? I called them but they will not be back in the office until Tues.
Will there be any problems with using the edge in an early 99?
How much less hp does the early 99 have versus the later models?

It will only get better with time. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There is no company that makes an intake for an early 99 powerstroke.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

A.F.E Makes them I got one
Old 10-20-2007, 03:42 PM

Old 10-20-2007, 03:45 PM

Jody is great with customer service maybe it wasnt installed tightly i mean installing chil and putting tape over it to secure it. I am not sure the HP difference I know we hae a smaller turbo and injectors. There shouldn't be any problems and ou can send the Edge to Jody and get tunes custom for your truck as the evo has just a set of stock tunes. not designed for each vehicle as the DP Does
Old 10-31-2007, 08:19 AM
What u talkin bout willis

Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Strokin View Post
S&B MAKES A INTAKE ITS THE ONE ON MY TRUCK
Old 10-31-2007, 08:42 AM

Just call Jody or Dianne, they will help you get it worked out. It sounds like a wire routing issue to me. You did give DP the code off of your PCM correct?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Strokin View Post
Yes there is!!!!!! AFE has the stage 2 kit and S&B has a kit. there may be more but that is all I can think off of the top of my head.

You definatly should try your hardest to get the DP working but for your Evolution question, YES it will work fine on the early 99. They are generic for the 94-03 PSD's.

Last edited by blk99; 10-31-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.