can you tell if your trans has been upgraded? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
can you tell if your trans has been upgraded?

I am putting a new set of injectors in my truck and am goin to do a little work on the tranny so i dont blow it up. i want to do the vb and tc. the guy i baught the truck from said he got the tranny rebuilt already but i didnt think to ask him if it was a stock rebuild or if he got upgraded parts in it. Im wondering if there is a way to check because i dont want to buy a new vb and tc if the the stuff thats in the tranny is already good stuff. The main reason that im questioning if he had good parts put in it is because there is a trailer light plug on the inside of the box like he may have pulled a goose neck with it.
thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 96
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd like to know this too. Mine shifts really FIRM from 2-3 and I've wondered if it's an issue or possible a shift kit or some other hard part . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 595
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^^ I second this... mine shifts firm through all gears! Its only got 7k miles on it. I checked fluid, and its good. I'm going to be doing injectors and chip. And curious if my tranny had a shift kit installed or any other mods. It is a pulling truck. Still has the gooseneck hitch.

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC/Buff, NY/Midlothian, VA
Posts: 5,630
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbogr View Post
I am putting a new set of injectors in my truck and am goin to do a little work on the tranny so i dont blow it up. i want to do the vb and tc. the guy i baught the truck from said he got the tranny rebuilt already but i didnt think to ask him if it was a stock rebuild or if he got upgraded parts in it. Im wondering if there is a way to check because i dont want to buy a new vb and tc if the the stuff thats in the tranny is already good stuff. The main reason that im questioning if he had good parts put in it is because there is a trailer light plug on the inside of the box like he may have pulled a goose neck with it.
thank you in advance.
Probably a stock rebuild. Ask the previous owner, or call the shop that did the work and ask.




Quote:
Originally Posted by shane772 View Post
I'd like to know this too. Mine shifts really FIRM from 2-3 and I've wondered if it's an issue or possible a shift kit or some other hard part . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzyperson View Post
^^^ I second this... mine shifts firm through all gears! Its only got 7k miles on it. I checked fluid, and its good. I'm going to be doing injectors and chip. And curious if my tranny had a shift kit installed or any other mods. It is a pulling truck. Still has the gooseneck hitch.

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App


You two are probably experiencing the tc lock in these trucks and they are probably stock pieces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors