Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dyno run Math

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Jacob@DP-Tuner 
#1 ·
I finally got my truck on the Dyno today :D It was a Mustang Dynamometer the unfortunate thing was it wasnt a "diesel" dyno. It reads RPM off the ignition system and as we all know real trucks dont have spark plugs lol :icon_ford: So my question is how I do the math to figure out exactly what Im running for Torque and Hp. My numbers are 245.8hp @ 7803RPM going 66.8mph. Torque was 208.7 @ 5626RPM going 48.3MPH. Hope you guys can help me figure this out.

#2 ·
the last dyno run it did they put a magnetic strip on the balancer and used a pickup to identify rpm

#3 ·
248hp doesn't sound unreasonable for a tuned 7.3... torque is all fubar'd though. May just have to find a load bearing dyno to test it out, or at least someone who knows how to/can dyno a diesel.

#5 ·
you need to know how they figured rpm. Most likely off mph of the rear tires with a guessed gear ratio and tire size if you know what they used you can back track with your actual numbers and get those numbers back to correct.

#6 ·
He calibrated RPM off my speed told me to run it up to 1500rpm and hold it at the begining. The teacher running the dyno said something about a graph and figuring it out he said it could be done. Ill have a video of one of my runs up shortly have to get it off the girlfriends camera first. I happy i finally got it on either way I had an hour to do what i wanted and it was free. Also had it 125 before I decided 3500rpm isnt good to hold for long. I'm sure it had more in it but not worth blowing the engine. The sad thing was my brick was only 10mph slower then a 87 toyota supra so im pretty happy I havnt let the kid forget about it either lol stupid ricers

#7 ·
That sounds all ****ed up. That doesn't sound right at ALL.

7,000rpm and 8,000 rpm??? Not happening.

#8 ·
ya tell me about it. one point the dyno said i was doing 11,000rpm. Ik i have to cut the rpms down to figure it out. I'll talk to the teacher today when i have his class and figure this out more. Though it be nice if our trucks ran that high of an rpm lol

#9 ·
dont bother trying to convert... just go to a real dyno that works with diesels. Those numbers look like yesterdays diarrhea after chicken wings and beer watching the game last night.

#10 ·
AHAHAHA:laugh:

#11 ·
lol that stupid bouncing smiley literally made me lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.