MPG's???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MPG's????

Just curious what you guys w/ 37"s and 6" lift are getting for mpgs...

I'll listen to yours before I give you mine....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 04:27 AM
Banned

My OBS (I know... totally different) w/ 35's and a 6" gets 18mpg city driving all day long. 15ish mpg towing 5k lbs.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i get around 16 normal driving, with 35s and 4 inch lift, if i can keep my foot out of it
Old 09-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003powerstroke1 View Post
i get around 16 normal driving, with 35s and 4 inch lift, if i can keep my foot out of it

okay well i asked specifically about 37"s w/ 6" lift.....
Old 09-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a 6in with 35s. I got about 14.4 out of the last few tanks, but that was more city and less highway. The best I ever got was 16.87 mpg all highway from San Francisco down to fresno doing 70mph and the truck bed loaded down with camping gear and 4 other people in the cab. Im running a tank strictly highway so I'll let you know. I'll be getting some humvee 37s for my next set of tires so I'm curious as to what the mpgs will be with them! Hope this helps you a bit
Old 09-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

he asked specifically about 37s with a 6 inch lift not 35s with a 6 inch
Old 09-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

LT, looking at your sig....our trucks are VERY similar....w/ the ekception of the tire size....TW tuner, 5" straight ekhaust....I am working on getting the 6637 filter soon. I have the K & N and heard many bad things about it....I'm barely getting 10-12 mpgs...and I am rarely over 2k rpms....
Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What gear ratio do u have? Check for leaks in ur up-pipes. The 6637 will definitely help your truck breathe a whole lot better! Also what tunes do you have on your chip and what do you use the most? I hear with 37s you're suppose to get better highway mileage but lower in town mileage. Right now I'm pretty tired so I'm having trouble thinking of other causes of poor mpg, but I know some other guys will chime in and help out. Theres also quiet a few posts about poor mpgs and thinks to look into. I can't quiet remember what it is but i think the EBPS or EBVS or something tube could be dirty and needs to be cleaned. Someone tell me if I'm wrong please. Its something along those lines lol.

But Sgt as far as in town is considered. If I'm driving mainly in town i average about 12.5mpg no matter how I drive. Flooring it or put-puting like a grandpa. On the highway keep it below 2k RPM. Keep in mind our trucks do weigh about 8k lbs so we wont get phenomenal mileage. but 10 sounds a bit low. Especially if your driving is highway. Gives us some more details on what you have done to your truck and what type of driving you mostly do. Do you tow a lot? All city? Highway? a little more will help us out
Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTSmith View Post
What gear ratio do u have? Check for leaks in ur up-pipes. The 6637 will definitely help your truck breathe a whole lot better! Also what tunes do you have on your chip and what do you use the most? I hear with 37s you're suppose to get better highway mileage but lower in town mileage. Right now I'm pretty tired so I'm having trouble thinking of other causes of poor mpg, but I know some other guys will chime in and help out. Theres also quiet a few posts about poor mpgs and thinks to look into. I can't quiet remember what it is but i think the EBPS or EBVS or something tube could be dirty and needs to be cleaned. Someone tell me if I'm wrong please. Its something along those lines lol.

But Sgt as far as in town is considered. If I'm driving mainly in town i average about 12.5mpg no matter how I drive. Flooring it or put-puting like a grandpa. On the highway keep it below 2k RPM. Keep in mind our trucks do weigh about 8k lbs so we wont get phenomenal mileage. but 10 sounds a bit low. Especially if your driving is highway. Gives us some more details on what you have done to your truck and what type of driving you mostly do. Do you tow a lot? All city? Highway? a little more will help us out

Not sure what gears.....I havent done anything to it performance wise other than change the oil...I am mostly "rural" driving....8 miles to work on windy roads.....small runs on the highway between the city and larger town near me....I have a F-350...didnt realize yours was only a 3/4 ton...

I have the TW 6 pos tuner, 5" straight pipe, 20"s wrapped in 37" nitto's....after market waste gate actuator, and the K & N like i said....
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

my bad...i knew your ride was a 1 ton....the difference was the year....'01-'03....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.