Horrible miss need help!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Horrible miss need help!!!

I posted this on PSN and PSA but I figured I'd throw it up here too as I'm desperate for some help.

Quick run down of my truck's problem. Mods are in sig.

The truck started having a miss at idle and low rpm about a month ago as well as what sounded to me like "injector knock", so I replaced the injectors with a set of rosewood 160/100's and also installed an adrenaline hpop and intake/pre-pump kit new vcg uvch and orings on the entire fuel system, as well as some beans custom tunes. The truck had kinda of a slight miss and just general rough running. I assumed this was just because of all the air in the oil and fuel system so I really didn't think much of it. However it has now been over two weeks and roughly 400 miles and the truck has actually gotten worse. It has a horrible miss which sounds to me like it may even be on multiple cylinders. At first I thought it might be a tuning issue as some tunes seem to run worse than others however I changed the oil this past weekend and also had the drivers side vc off just to take a peak and see if maybe an injector plug wiggled loose or something. After I changed the oil(and with the driverside vc still off) I started the truck and it ran much better. It still had a slight miss but sounded much smoother and didnt stumble at start up. So I turned it off and was tinkering with my driveshaft for a bit, then when I went to leave it started running like $h*t again. It being intermittent and slowly getting worse tells me it isn't the tunes so I assumed it must be an electrical issue, so I pulled out the multi meter and ran the resistance tests as per thie service bulletin http://www.gbreman.com/docs/techbull...eplacement.pdf
and everything seemed to be within spec
Drivers side
(inj#2)3.6ohm
(inj#4)3.7ohm
(inj#6)3.7ohm
(inj#8)3.6ohm

Pass Side
(inj#1)3.6ohm
(inj#3)3.6ohm
(inj#5)3.6ohm
(inj#7)3.7ohm

I'm stumped and don't know what else to try. Heres a video I made yesterday after work. I need this thing fixed it's my DD and I don't like driving it like this but don't have a choice. Sry for the essay just desperate for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

do you have a code reader?
if not get the codes read.
could be bad ICP sensor, Bad IPR, or possibly cam sensor.
but the best thing would be to read the codes
Old 09-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Not getting any codes other than intake air temp and epbv.

Just put a brand new ford icp sensor in today and a new cps yesterday. no improvement. The IPR is the original one but I cleaned and inspected it when I reinstalled it and it looked and functioned properly
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Have you checked your fuel pressure?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.