Glowshift info wanted - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Glowshift info wanted

Now before anyone has a chance to post this...I know there are better gauges out there...and I know they are about twice as much. At this time I have to go with what I can afford and not what I'd like.

Most people come onto forums with problems...not many people get on to tell about their good luck with products. Now I've read a few posts about problems with the glowshift gauges so I know they can fail. As can all things.

I'd like to hear who all has them and had no problems...wanting to see if its actually possible.

If yours failed...tell me after how long? Seems like it happens right after the warranty runs out

What I'm not looking for is "they are crap save your money and get the others" I'm fixing to have the tranny rebuilt so all future extra income is paying that off.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've got a couple of Glow Shift gauges and they've been great. I've had them for about a year. The only thing I don't like about them is that they have to be illuminated to read them, even in daylight. Also, on my gauges, one or two of the colors is off a bit from the other one so the lighting doesn't quite match.

I like the preset alert features they have. Don't know if the other gauges have that or not.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Did you get the 3 gauge set that they sell? The 7 color ones?

Old 09-16-2012, 03:48 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 7.3 in Texas View Post

Thats what I got, two years ago. Still as good as the day I bought them.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thats what I'm looking to hear / see! I'd love a set of ISSOPRO gauges but man at the rate I'm shelling out money the extra 200 is going towards a larger tranny cooler and possibly an external filter kit.

The new Max Tow series looks awesome but for that cost I'd go with a different brand.

Thanks again for the responses so far.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 7.3 in Texas View Post

I just bought two individual gauges - fuel pres. and voltage(battery). Yes, they are the 7 color units.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:19 PM

i run the three in one diesel and have yet to have a problem about 3 months
Old 09-16-2012, 05:54 PM

I have the common three gauges (boost (35 psi) trans temp and 1500 egt) that I installed last spring. I had no problems until a few weeks ago when my gauges would not shut off and the electronic ones would keep running their start-up sweep. I unplugged the EGT gauge and everything returned to normal. I then emailed glowshift (thinking this would be an ordeal) and explained the situation to them. Much to my surprise, they got back to me the next day to further inquire about what was going on. They asked me to do one test, supply power to the constant power wire and a ground to see if the gauge would turn on which it did and shouldn't. I then was told to send the gauge back to them. This part of their policy I don't like but it was written before I bought them but if it is longer than 30 days, you have to cover shipping back to glowshift even if the gauge is found to be defective. It wasn't much, under 5 bucks, and they replaced the gauge and had it back to me in 2 days. They didnt run circles or dodge questions so I feel it was very good customer service. Remember, these gauges are made overseas so quality control isn't the best. It is a price to pay for a more affordable gauge. All in all, for what I do with my truck, they work great. If I was pushing my truck to the limits of my build, I would opt for a more reputable gauge, but if you just want to keep an eye on things I say go for it.

Oh, I have the black series 7 gauges. I have heard the tinted ones suck to see and I wouldn't spend the money on the elite 10's. They don't seem worth it to me.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:07 PM

i have the glowshift 3in1 for a little over a year, no problems yet. i dont expect them to last forever though. the only complaint i have is the digital pyro is near impossible to read during the day.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Awesome! Glad to hear they took care of ya! Seen a couple nightmare posts on here, but that's why I said most people don't post when things work great...only when something goes wrong.

Can I ask a question to you all who installed them yourselves? When doing the egt probe...looks like you drill into the manifold...right? What do you do about the shavings? Is this a concern? Oh one more...any worries on stripping it out when tapping it in?

Sorry I've seen a few posts but the search function on this mobile app blows!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.