pmr injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
pmr injectors

To make a long story short I have found that 2 of my injectors are bad. Now I checked when i bought my truck I have pmrs. After doing alot of reading about what injectors to run I am a bit confused. From what everyone says you want to run hybrids, but when I talked to jody at dp he told me not to get anything larger than stage 2s and that they will safer than a 238/100.My truck is my daily driver, I rarely tow with the truck so is pretty much a toy. My current mods are : built trans, f6, boost pyro trans temp, boost fooler,t500 hpop, shimmed fpr, exhaust and intake. I am just looking to be over 400whp under 450whp and be able to drive every day. also i dont have the cash for a 38r and injectors so i am upgrading the exhaust housing to a 1.0

Last edited by mtm01powerstroke; 09-05-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
PMR stands for PoweredMetalRods (as in connecting) and not the injectors though...
Old 09-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRalPh View Post
PMR stands for PoweredMetalRods (as in connecting) and not the injectors though...
You should try reading the post.......Then you would know im trying to figure out what injectors to run for daily driving with pmrs......also I knew 2001 was a crap shoot that I could have had forged rods or pmrs and I pulled the plug on the side of the block and found pmrs

Last edited by mtm01powerstroke; 09-05-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:54 PM

Bump
As i expect to find myself in the same position before too long
Old 09-05-2012, 05:54 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

I'd go with a set of stage 2s with 100% nozzles. You can always detune hybrids, but why waste the money if you're not gonna go with forged rods,
Old 09-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC SuperTech View Post
I'd go with a set of stage 2s with 100% nozzles. You can always detune hybrids, but why waste the money if you're not gonna go with forged rods,
Well a few posts I read some people say that detuned hybrids are safer on the pmrs, but from what jody said thats not case. I was goin to buy 238/100s , but i was told 160/100s or 160/80s turned down are safer for pmrs. I dont doubt that jody knows what hes talking about and I am 99% sure I am going to take jodys advice anyway. I just wanted some more info as to why. Is it because of the lower injection ratio you have to run more pw?

Last edited by mtm01powerstroke; 09-05-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC SuperTech View Post
Why waste the money on putting forged rods. Might as well just push it till you blow then build up another engine with forged rods.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:06 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd get hybrids and detune. I have pmrs and got stage 2s. Eventually you will get the bug and want to run more power. And look at a van turbo over the 1.0 exhaust housing, it's usually cheaper that way.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentexcoalroller View Post
I'd get hybrids and detune. I have pmrs and got stage 2s. Eventually you will get the bug and want to run more power. And look at a van turbo over the 1.0 exhaust housing, it's usually cheaper that way.
The 1.0 housing and adapter is $315 Im not sure I can get a van turbo on my truck for that price. The 1.0 housing is a temp untill I get the funds for a 38r. Correct me if im wrong with stage 2s, t500, and 38r wouldnt that be able to produce over 450 whp turned up?

Last edited by mtm01powerstroke; 09-06-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtm01powerstroke View Post
Correct me if im wrong with stage 2s, t500, and 38r wouldnt that be able to produce over 450 whp turned up?
You aren't wrong... you'd be pushing if not, then nearly a good 500whp with those mods.

I'd stick with stage 1's. Stage 1's will be between 380-420whp, depending on supporting mods and tuning, and be plenty safe for the pmr's. Stage II's is getting dicey because they can put down right around 450hp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.