Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Edge Evo vs beans tuner

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dentexpowerstroke 
#1 ·
I have a edge evolution for my 2001 7.3. It has the 60 tow, 80 race and 100 extreme programs. And I was looking into getting the beans 6 position. I wanted. Tow, DD, economy, smoke, lope, and performance. I was wondering if I will feel a difference. Between. The extreme program and the performance tune from beans. And the tow tune vs beans tow tune? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free

#3 ·
Really as in what? More throttle response , power? Is their any timing involved?

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free

#5 ·
Beans uses as little timing as necessary... which is good in preserving internals.

Beans will run cooler tunes, with more power and mpg, and be MUCH easier on the auto tranny.

As far as which tunes, i'd do high idle, whisper/drive-thru mode, maybe a stock in pos1, tow tune (no heavy-tow w/ stock injectors), and extreme.

#6 · (Edited)
I'm running PHP, but I have DD, med tow, 100hp, 140hp, whisper, and kill.

I haven't ran an Edge, Bully Dog, or any of the rest, but I have not heard good things. A buddy talked me out of the Edge before it was a serious thought, and I've never regretted it.

High idle apparently isn't needed, as there is a wire under the dash that will do the same thing with a pot. (to adjust idle as needed). Once I figure out which wire it is, I'll hook it up and take pics for all to enjoy. That opens up another position for you.

Go with the 6-position though. You will love it. You'll also be able to get it retuned if you change injectors, turbo, etc.

*ETA: Don't get smoke or lope. Smoke is a waste of a spot that you can use for performance. My 100 and 140 spot put out more than enough smoke, and it makes me move. I personally don't like the lope, as I think it sounds silly. Some folk dig it though, and if it's your thing, go for it. Try to hear something with it before you decide.

#7 ·
I've not heard of a wire under the dash... pretty much the options for high idle are a tune or a ford auxillary idle controller.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.