PHP, Beans, or Tony Wildman - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PHP, Beans, or Tony Wildman

Allright it's about time but, I'm ready for tunes. Looking for custom ones like the title says any of the above seem like they will be fine for me.
I'm running 2001 f 250 4x4, auto stock, 4" turbo back pipes, 6637 intake, isspro guages. Now I need the tunes. Are there any vendors that will quote me prices and delivery time? Thank you ol' red
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think there are only 2 vendors here that only sell TW tunes. I am not aware of vendors selling tunes for Beans or PHP

php is $295 For the Phoenix chip direct
Tw is $420 shipped from ct performance (vendor here)
Beans recently dropped their price. $250 for chip, plus tunes. You are looking at $4xx for 6 tunes direct from Beans.

Have you looked at their sites? Might want to check them out. Php is my first choice. Beans and Tw will be very similar IMO. Tw is the only one to offer lifetime free reburns.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The lifetime free reburns is great if you change your mind how you want it set up. Also if you ever plan on changing anything on the truck this will allow you to get your tunes adjusted to match. I've heard good things about them all. I'm personally leaning towards TW just because he's kinda local and I've heard he'll sit down with ya (I may be misinformed). All I have to do is take the wife to a vineyard up around that way and I'm golden!

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 08-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Emergency Services

PHP is cheap, and has great quality tunes. They get my vote. Be prepared though they take some time to get the chip, but definitely worth the wait.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:35 PM

I've had a tw. Custom Chip and have a php gryphon custom tunes right now. I had no issues and loved my tw chip. I realized I only actually used 2 to 3 programs and decided when I got my 02. I would go with the php gryphon for the gauges and love these tunes as well. I kind of wish I had a b***h but to great companies and families. I've never had any experience with beans.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:56 AM
Banned

Beans tunes can be bought by Whites Diesel Performance in Florida..

Beans and Wildman are the best tuners, in my opinion.. in that order. According to the dyno sheets, they both have the highest hp/tq numbers, and the flattest curves.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for the input was leaning towards the wildman setup because of the reburning, but I will check out those sites. Looking to keep the old truck and who knows upgrades could happen later. 500 bones don't come easy these days you know
Old 08-17-2012, 05:37 PM

Just remember, when you have to send your chip in for reburns, you will hate your truck for that time, lol. you will have to run stock.

If you can swing it, I'd recommend a PHP FU; you get a burner with it and have constant access to a good 20 tunes. If you get heavy into mods and need custom tunes, you pull them off the server.
Or get beans with burner and you can have the tunes emailed to you so there is no down time. Another good thing about this is you can start off with a few tunes and add later as you see fit.

Downfall is the 2 options listed are right around $500 compared to the $420 for TW or $295 for PHP phoenix. However you can get Beans with say 3 tunes for approx $300ish an buy a burner and more tunes later.

right now you really only need tow, daily, race. Daily can also be used for light to moderate towing. Options are endless. Either of the 3 choices are great, so don't worry, just go with the option that works best for you.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Premium Member

I went with the tw tunes. I ordered from stealth automotive. Chosen tunes high idle, daily, tow, heavy tow, street, and extreme.
Allright, so now I'm concerned about the install. Anyone got tips on this for my 2001?
Old 08-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just recieved my PHP phoenix yesterday .... Its is night and day compared to the superchips programmer i have been running for 6 years ... It took 10 days from the day i ordered it till i recieved it. not to bd in my opinion ... and im impatient !

As far as install... they will probably send instructions with the chip. There are a few write-ups if you search for a bit.. took me about 20 min .. but ive had my computer out a few times.. just dont take the silver off the computer board, scufff it just till the silicone is off.. i used a small amount of brake cleaner on a rag... spray the rag lightly then rub, then small amount of scotch-brite... Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.