the day I decided to dump my Edge Evolution - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the day I decided to dump my Edge Evolution

when I was passed by a loaded semi going up a mild mountain pass because i couldnt stay under 1100 degrees.... i had to slow down to about 45-50 to keep my temps under control.

I've also tried to use the 0-60 mph timer...but got to about 50mph before I hit 1200 degrees..

I saw a post where some people were irritated with "heresay" about how bad the tuner was so I wanted to let everyone know my experiences. Yes its better than driving around stock tuned but it just eats the fuel on 80hp or 100hp and the temps are just too much. Will be investing in a DP shortly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD444EVER View Post
when I was passed by a loaded semi going up a mild mountain pass because i couldnt stay under 1100 degrees.... i had to slow down to about 45-50 to keep my temps under control.

I've also tried to use the 0-60 mph timer...but got to about 50mph before I hit 1200 degrees..

I saw a post where some people were irritated with "heresay" about how bad the tuner was so I wanted to let everyone know my experiences. Yes its better than driving around stock tuned but it just eats the fuel on 80hp or 100hp and the temps are just too much. Will be investing in a DP shortly.
Willing to sell it???
Old 08-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpridgenusmc View Post
Willing to sell it???
Not at the moment. I will when i have cash for a new tuner. I cant stand driving it stock...its a turd
Old 08-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

um why are you throttling down at 1100 and scared of 1200. International says 1250 all day long. any high hp chip your going to have similar issues. not saying another chip wont be better just curious why your backing down so soon.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6881 View Post
um why are you throttling down at 1100 and scared of 1200. International says 1250 all day long. any high hp chip your going to have similar issues. not saying another chip wont be better just curious why your backing down so soon.
I did not know 1250 was an all day long thing. I was under the impression that 1250 could be hit which i have but always back it down immediately. I was also looking at 30+ minutes of 1100-1200 to stay at 60mph. I was also worried about how accurate my gauges are.. But hearing that Im alot more comfortable...still though 1250 can be easily surpassed with that tuner and thats not even with my foot to the floor

I read a couple posts and some people think DP gives you high EGTs..the highest I've seen on my buddies was 800 with his foot to the floor all day... is that considered a high number with a good tuner?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:23 PM

800 on what tune thats extremely low(he may have a bad egt gauge or located in a bad location)? Stock tune 0-60mph i hit 1050. My truck has seen 1400 on my hot tune.

yeah i can see wanting to hold back to keep the truck alive i cant blame you. and yeah if you question the accuracy of your gauges it would be hard to comfortably push the temps up there. anytime you add fuel to gain hp your going to increase egt with the same setup overall. I just don't see your solving your issues with a new tuner or chip without backing down the hp your trying to achieve. If you get a tuner that will work with you adding injection timing will lower egt some but there is a limit to how far you can take it.

what are your current mods?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD444EVER View Post
I did not know 1250 was an all day long thing. I was under the impression that 1250 could be hit which i have but always back it down immediately. I was also looking at 30+ minutes of 1100-1200 to stay at 60mph. I was also worried about how accurate my gauges are.. But hearing that Im alot more comfortable...still though 1250 can be easily surpassed with that tuner and thats not even with my foot to the floor

I read a couple posts and some people think DP gives you high EGTs..the highest I've seen on my buddies was 800 with his foot to the floor all day... is that considered a high number with a good tuner?
I agree with what's been said, there is no way in h*ll that your buddy can wot and never go above 800.
I can tell you I ran DP fpr 4 yrs and always had excessive egts. It was not till I went with php when my issues went away.

I recommend a ts chip with php, beans, or TW tunes. Swamp, bts, and gearhead are supposed to be good as well. Php is my top choice.

Good luck in your decision. You might also want to make sure you do not have any boost/exhaust leaks, this could contribute to you egt issues.
I also want to say if you like the power you got now over stock, it will be another gain like that getting a ts or DP over the edge!

Good used chips can be found fairly cheap, keep that in mind. Good way to save money.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I wanna say he was on 80hp tune..but not sure..he seems to love it but im open to any tuner suggestions.

I have an AFE stage 2 intake, 4 inch turbo back, wicked wheel (makes about 25 psi), built tranny, 4.56 gears, and 10" lift with 38s, so i figured a little of it was just added stress from being so tall and heavy too

I dont need any 100-120hp tunes right away...just somethin that makes it a little more driveable and not a slug off the line.. the only reason i use the 80 or 100hp edge tune is becuase it came with the truck and i get about 4mpg better than stock...and im constantly harrassed by dodges and duramaxes..not that i plan on smoking them but i like to give them a little run for their money off the green light.

Could i still have a boost leak when im still hitting around 25psi with a 100 hp tune?

I plan on buying a RR and 38r within the next year or so to accompany my tuner and I will probably call it good on mods for hp.

I also feel like i should change my motor oil more when my temps are always so high.. I run schaeffers (which the truck has had since first owner) and change it around 3500 miles... am i correct or am i blowing 150 bucks way too often?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

also, does the PHP have a "girlfriend" tune..if you catch my drift

this is also why i wanna switch it up, ive got her pretty well trained on watchin the gauges and letting it cool down to 350 before she shuts it off but every once in a while ill catch the egts creepin up a little high when she isnt paying attention lol scares me.....

just found it.... teen driver 65mph limiter lol or valet 40mph
Old 08-16-2012, 09:17 PM

I have a DP and climb the mountains here in CO. When I am on her at 70 and climbing or accelerating hard uphill I see 1150 to 1200, Ill hit 1250 very rarely pulling a boat and driving faster then I should. Havent had any issues and typically sitting around 1050 for most of the uphill climbing

Sent from my Droiddddddd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.