Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Who should I have reburn my ts 6 pos chip?

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  vertexcomsys 
#1 ·
Right now I have the factory TS programming on my 6 pos chip and want to go with something more custom to my mods. Here is a list of all my mods from the irrelevant & important- S&B intake,Wicked wheel,Heavy duty actuator,gutted EBPV,non EBPV pedistal,4" straight pipe,boost fooler,CCV mod,Jasper heavy duty 4R100, 4:10's, 203 t stat. I am looking for something more custom to what my current setup is, Want a high idle,Econo tune and a couple race/performance tunes. Ideas?

#4 ·
I have TW (Tony Wildman) and I honestly could not be any happier. Im sure 85_305 will chime in and say Beans. But he will also say that TW is second best if not the same as Beans. Beans has dropped their price a lot but still can add up. TW from my experience is awesome. Super smooth acceleration, amazingly crisp shifts, and even though I had him tune it to Cali smog rules, there is absolutely no smoke AT ALL. I currently dont have gauges but my truck seems to love his tunes and so do I! So my suggestion will obviously go to TW or Beans.

Others will chime in though and give you some more input. As far as I'm concerned though, TW delivers far above the bar of expectations. You will not be disappointed with him

#7 ·
Php does not burn tunes on chips unless it came from them? I'm still not sure why they chose this route, stupid if you ask me. I guess they are happy with the customers they are still getting.

I would say Beans or TW as well. You can get TW tunes for $120 from caryt, he is a vendor here. This will come with lifetime reburns too. I am not sure what Beans reburn fees are.
Either choice would be great, no wrong choice.
Swamps, bts, and gearhead have great tunes too, but idk their pricing.

#8 ·
Seems like this whole thing is a PITA...might as well sell my chip and fork out the extra cash to start over..which seems stupid when a standard TS chip shipped to your door is $230 and the other chips are 2-300 blank then 75 for the first tune and 25 for each additional setting..no wonder crap like Edge/Banks sells like hot cakes

#10 ·
You'll lose money going this route. Might as well just have it reburned. Edge and other programmers are not cheap either

#9 ·
My guess with php and the ts chip is now they are offering there own burners so people can create or use the pre loaded or custom tunes with the fu package that it is easier to control quality.

#11 ·
the reason I am trying to get away from the Ts tunes is while driving if I go from stock to lvl 1 its like I lose throttle response until I really push down then it comes in hard/fast..its beyond annoying like really bad turbo lag! anyone got the specific links to getting TS chips reburnt?

#12 ·
your killing me

Tony Wildman reburn Its cheaper through ct performance

Beans

Swamps

I did not see anything on the gearhead site, but I imagine they will reburn as well

#14 ·
:taze::rofl:damn updates:)
just go with the one that fits the bill. all are good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.