TS 6 pos chip - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TS 6 pos chip

Okay my 4" turbo back (MBRP) straight pipe is on it's way and the TS chip. I know the settings say +50 +75 +100 +140 HP. Are these realistic? If so the torque #s should be what? Anyone ever chassis dyno to check? I've seen on here where guys have other non TS programs in thier chips. Must have to send it out to the other poeple? Sorry bout all the ? I'm a diesel noobie! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Not really..close but you will have HPO pressure issues which won't help with fuel delivery or atomization. Also you will need a boost fooler as without it there is an overboost code that reduces the cycle time of the IPR. The result is a slower gain in acceleration.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:53 PM

I just want to dd that you have canned tunes and those ratings r not 100% true. Our trucks without injectors are limited to roughly a max of 100hp gains, so you will not see 140. 75hp may only be 60, etc, etc.
You will definitely gain a ton over stock, just don't expect those numbers to be your true gains.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
I just want to dd that you have canned tunes and those ratings r not 100% true. Our trucks without injectors are limited to roughly a max of 100hp gains, so you will not see 140. 75hp may only be 60, etc, etc.
You will definitely gain a ton over stock, just don't expect those numbers to be your true gains.
About what I figured. I'm going to install some extra guages to monitor egt,boost pressure and fuel pressure. If I run into high egt's I'll probably get some better tunes. Hadn't really planned on utilizing the 140 setting except maybe to smoke people that piss me off on the road. LOL Thanks for the replies.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:14 PM

For what it's worth, I ran ts canned tunes on my old 99.5 and never had egt issues. You definitely want guages though.
Cary from ctperformance can reburn the chip with tony wildman tunes which are very recommended. I think it's rough
Y $120ish for he reburn with lifetime reburns as well.

Last edited by INFRNL; 08-16-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Still Learnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloudvtwin View Post
About what I figured. I'm going to install some extra guages to monitor egt,boost pressure and fuel pressure. If I run into high egt's I'll probably get some better tunes. Hadn't really planned on utilizing the 140 setting except maybe to smoke people that piss me off on the road. LOL Thanks for the replies.
WOW, I'm soooo new at this I'm still leanin how to spell Diesel... LOL I have no clue what you guys are talking about except that this TS6pos chip is a part that is an aftermarket upgrade for something. Help me understand PLEASE... From what I "think" I gather is that this thing is programable or it is select on the fly for different HP selections ??? I mean, what is it and how does it work ???

I just bought an 03 EX with 7.3L and I don't even know what kind of trans or transfercase is in it. I'm use to the old GAS crap like what I had in my old ford 79 model. It was a 460 with the dana 60's front and rear with the M205 married to a 4spd w/granny low. Loved it and got stupid one day when the wife said, "You need to sell that thing so we can move." And I listened. Well, I have smarted up some. Got rid of the truck (stupid) and got rid of the wife (Brilliant) and then got this EX (ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT) and am saving for mods out the wazoo!! I can pump about $6000 into it. Soooooooo, I'm asking questions and reading and reading and reading... Did I mention READING ??? LOL

Thanks for any and all help here.. Sounds like you guys know what your doing. I have some thoughts as what to do. Turbo change, Air Induction upgrade, BTS trans and converter, Turbo back Exhaust... I know enough to know that the more you breath in the more you have to breath out... Soooooooo, SOMEBODY HELP ME...
Old 08-19-2012, 07:17 AM

If your Excursion is a 4x4...their are lots of needed suspension mods I can help you with.

Performance ..start with the basics..intake, exhaust, guages etc then work on the other mods for additional HP.

If I can help sort throught it all please PM or email me.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Cary, I went to the website and filled in the form. Gave info on the truck and it's uses. And yes, it's a 4x4. Don't know what trans is in though, or what transfercase. Don't know anything about it. LOL Just called my brother for advice on a truck and he has an 02 SD 4x4 w/7.3L and he told me to get a powerstroke. Sooo I got to looking and saw the EX. Really did want a 7.3L with a Manual trans. But for some reason this EX took my eye. I drove it, it's seems slow, however, it sounded like it was a Four Barrel kicking in without any get up and go. So, I thought "well dude, it's a SUV and most likely set up for MOM hauling stuff and yet 4x4 so the old man would like it." Me and my thinking said, "we can put some $$ into it and make a few changes if we know where to go." So I got online and did a Google on 7.3L Powerstroke and found the ORG. Best dang thing I've done yet sep buy the truck. I pick it up next week and I can't wait to get it set up for ME... Me and MYSELF... and oh yeah, my bike and it's enclosed "work-shop." I'm looking at a 7x16 enclosed dual axle trailer for the bike. Portable work-shop if you will. Hahaha. Anyhow, lets do this thing and hopefully between the 2 of us we can design a RIG that will make me happy. I mentioned in the email to you I wanted to put it up on
35's, I'm think more like 38's. I can build a drop hitch for the draw tight that's on the EX now. It came with it, but I don't know it that's all stock or what. I'm so new at this stuff, I just finally learned how to spell Diesel.... hahahaha
Old 08-19-2012, 08:00 AM

I have your info and I'll be emailing you shortly.

Thanks, Cary
Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM

listen to Cary

He helped me a lot...im looking forward to getting my TS chip back with TW tunes on it...also told me about boost fooler...Cary has a plethra of knowledge..and was willing to talk on phone too...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.