Beans Tunes? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Beans Tunes?

Hey guys, I have been in the market for my first set of tunes for quite a while now and I am about ready to make my purchase finally. I just saw that Bean's has dropped the pricing on his tunes quite a bit from what it used to be. With the tunes I want, I am looking at around $329 from BDP directly with free shipping. I haven't heard a whole lot about his tunes and I was wondering how the feedback on them were if anyone has them? I was initially set on getting a set of tunes from PHP, but now that Bean's has dropped the price I am seriously considering them. Has anyone done a comparison between PHP and Bean's? Thanks for any help on this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 10:00 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have bdp tunes and love them. Truck has alot more power but it is smooth. Tried swamps first and bdp is so much better. Jonathan is easy to work with.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:36 AM

I have PHP and have beans tuned in progress. I am still waiting for them to be emailed. I also need to see if I can use my current burner or not. I will eventually have TW tunes as well.
If your on a budget, I would stick with PHP. Otherwise it's a toss up.you will be happy either route you take.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Banned

Every dyno I've ever seen comparing different tuners on the same day, beans trucks read higher in hp/tq, and they had the best curves. The only other tuner to come close to Beans that I've seen is Tony Wildman.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:33 PM

Thanks for the replies so far everyone. I'm leaning toward getting the tunes from Bean's, however I'm not too happy with their turn around time on e-mails right now though. I've sent two emails to two different departments (one to sales and one to tuning) so far asking a simple question about purchasing and live tuning, but I still haven't gotten any response. Their website says that email is the best way to contact them because they have it open all day long. My business may hinge on response time. I understand small businesses get busy (my family runs a small business also), so I'll give it a little more time. Keep the reviews coming!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:37 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
.....dang, I was set on Gearhead. But since Beans dropped their price I have a decision!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:03 PM

I have a buddy the just got gearhead tunes and he is not too happy with them. I ordered a couple of Beans tunes once the price drop. Should hopefully get them emailed soon.

To the op, Beans has been extremely busy lately. I have been communicating with them for the past week or so through emails. There are some days with no response, but they have been doing pretty good for me. Be patient as the rewards will pay off. I think no matter who choose for tunes will have some communication issues. They are all pretty small companies and are all busy and trying their best.
I've had good luck with php and beans so far. Best of luck
Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piraya33 View Post
Thanks for the replies so far everyone. I'm leaning toward getting the tunes from Bean's, however I'm not too happy with their turn around time on e-mails right now though. I've sent two emails to two different departments (one to sales and one to tuning) so far asking a simple question about purchasing and live tuning, but I still haven't gotten any response. Their website says that email is the best way to contact them because they have it open all day long. My business may hinge on response time. I understand small businesses get busy (my family runs a small business also), so I'll give it a little more time. Keep the reviews coming!
I would almost never go directly to the tuner... they probably have 1,000 emails a day trying to do that.

Instead I would go to an authorized retailer for them, who can also answer most questions. Whites Diesel Performance in Florida can hook you up.... Jake is a real good guy and can answer most if not all questions.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:54 AM

I like to go to the source when it comes to my tunes. Luckily I have had good luck so far. My schedule makes it hard to call though. I will have to wait till tomorrow to get a hold of Beans.
You make some valid points though.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
I would almost never go directly to the tuner... they probably have 1,000 emails a day trying to do that.

Instead I would go to an authorized retailer for them, who can also answer most questions. Whites Diesel Performance in Florida can hook you up.... Jake is a real good guy and can answer most if not all questions.
The question I sent directly to Bean's was actually about the live tuning that they are doing at White's in Sept. I tried emailing White's when I first found out they were going to host Jonathan from Bean's, but I have still yet to hear anything from White's. Also, White's still haven't updated their prices for Bean's chips. They are still $599 and since I'm in FL I would get hit with 6% tax on top of that. I can get the chip from Bean's for $329 with no tax and free shipping.

I did however get an email back from Bean's today answering my questions. Not too bad for customer service. It only took about 48hrs to get a response.

My next question to all of you is: Is it worth the $250-$500 to have your truck live tuned? Bean's is gonna be doing live tuning at White's Diesel in Nokomis, FL in Sept. It's about a 3hr drive for me to get there, but Jonathan will have his portable dyno with him, so he could live tune my truck right there on the dyno for an extra $250-$500 on top of the chip price. It is $250/hr to tune on the dyno, and they told me it takes about 2hrs to do it. What do you guys think? Should I just buy the chip from Bean's now and not worry with live tuning, or should I get the chip now and get live tuned in about a month? Thanks for any input everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.