CALI--MOST popular upgraded parts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CALI--MOST popular upgraded parts

Located right outside of Sacramento (Folsom) and slowly making mods to my
'00 F250 CC 4x4 AUTO (6" lift, 35" tires, 6637DIY, 4"SS Turbo back..just got myself some EV2 gauges and about to order my Beans 6pos custom tuned after i get my PCM code lol )

I am wondering what are more or less the MOST popular parts yall are running when it comes to..--Hybrid Injectors--Turbos--Or any other mods that might be looked at twice over when going in to get your rig smogged.

Goals: I want a moderatly powerful truck. A decent amount of hp while still maintaning good mpg. The heaviest ill be towing for now, and in the near future is most likely topping out at 10k. But a majority of what ill be pulling will be boats, dbl trailer sea doos, some quads, my 636, camping equipment. All pretty decently light when it comes to the relm of towing.

Hoping that is a sufficent amount of information to get some decently detailed responses. Ill be appreciating every and all responses.

Thanks!!

P.S.... Diesel shops IN and AROUND the Sacto area?? I already know of Pacific Diesel, Orangevale Diesel, Imler Diesel, but id like some insight on other shops that yall use for sweet upgrades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Redlands CA
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I run 250/200 injectors and a sledgehammer turbo and have no problem passing smog if I leave my chip in level 1 (25hp HEAVY tow). single shot injectors is the way to go IMO but everyone has something different that works for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Emergency Services
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: El Dorado Hills
Posts: 1,183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You shouldn't have any problems passing smog even with big hybrids as long as you leave a stock setting on your chip. By the way I live in Carmichael and used to go to FLC and am in Folsom all the time. If you need any help working on the truck let me know haha.


Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Emergency Services
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: El Dorado Hills
Posts: 1,183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
By the way Imler diesel is the best by far. I went to high school with his kids and he is one hell of a guy and really knows his stuff and will do anything to help you out.


Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Carmichael, CA
Posts: 397
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 95_Powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Crewcab7.3 View Post
By the way Imler diesel is the best by far. I went to high school with his kids and he is one hell of a guy and really knows his stuff and will do anything to help you out.



Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I second that, Ken is a great guy and has always been extremely helpful. Not to say any other shops aren't good, but I have only dealt with Imler so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-03-2012, 05:44 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinUpSoCal909 View Post
I run 250/200 injectors and a sledgehammer turbo and have no problem passing smog if I leave my chip in level 1 (25hp HEAVY tow). single shot injectors is the way to go IMO but everyone has something different that works for them.
Your smog tech doesnt make you remove your chip? Where do you go? And whats the cost lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-03-2012, 05:46 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Crewcab7.3 View Post
You shouldn't have any problems passing smog even with big hybrids as long as you leave a stock setting on your chip. By the way I live in Carmichael and used to go to FLC and am in Folsom all the time. If you need any help working on the truck let me know haha.


Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Where did you graduate HS? Carmichael aint that far from me.. You work in Folsom? Whats your name? Im Jeremy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_Powerstroke View Post
I second that, Ken is a great guy and has always been extremely helpful. Not to say any other shops aren't good, but I have only dealt with Imler so far.
My mom, dad, and our family friend all go to Ken. They have nothing but great things to say as well..the family friend has been taking his work trucks there for something like the last 15 years. Only thing is right after i got my truck(end of may of this year) i called him/his shop 3/4 times to pick his brain about parts(just like this thread) and his employees werent that nice and they always kept telling me things and never followed thru. First experience, bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 08-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Emergency Services
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: El Dorado Hills
Posts: 1,183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMalmy21..00/7.3 View Post
Where did you graduate HS? Carmichael aint that far from me.. You work in Folsom? Whats your name? Im Jeremy
I graduated El Camino High School here in Carmichael. Yeah I used to, now I'm not doing anything as I start the Sheriff's academy here pretty soon. I'm Tim.


Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Emergency Services
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: El Dorado Hills
Posts: 1,183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMalmy21..00/7.3 View Post
My mom, dad, and our family friend all go to Ken. They have nothing but great things to say as well..the family friend has been taking his work trucks there for something like the last 15 years. Only thing is right after i got my truck(end of may of this year) i called him/his shop 3/4 times to pick his brain about parts(just like this thread) and his employees werent that nice and they always kept telling me things and never followed thru. First experience, bad
With the exception of Henry, none of his employees like to "diagnose" over the phone or in person. It's easier to just ask for Ken or Henry.


Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors