T-500 hpop #'s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
T-500 hpop #'s

Ill start by saying my current mods (built trans, beans diesel tuner, boost fooler, gauges, 4" exhaust' volant intake). Now i go to the track every so often and run my truck and I never have been able to break into the 14s best time with that setup was 15.006 @ 87.8mph beans keeps saying i should be high 14s. So i decided to hook up my scan tool about 3 weeks ago to take a look at my icp at wot and i found that hot dyno tune icp would hold 2700 and drag race tune would dip to 25-2600. Now i decided to install a t-500 hpop and get the chip re burned. Now my results were 1st run on the RACE tune 15.7@ 81mph next HOT DYNO tune 15.55 @ 83mph and TOW tune 15.6 @ 82mph. So I threw the scan tool on see what was going on. On Drag race 0-90mph pull set p1211 icp about 22-2300 duty cycle 57%. Hot dyno duty cycle hit 44% icp around 2500. At this point i removed the chip to see whats going on icp is at 2820 at 42% duty cycle. I want to say that the t-500 seems to almost put out less the the stock 17* or is it possible the tuning is too hot for the pump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Also i wanted to add it almost seems like the truck smokes less at WO. My egts are higher then with the other tunes for the stock hpop. I let out when egts get to 1400* as before i don't think they went much over 1250.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Guns & Powerstroke's

Your fuel pressure hanging in there. Sounds like you aren't getting fuel to your injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Old 07-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have not checked it yet, but i did install a new fuel filter with my oil change about 400miles ago and a new fuel pump about a month ago and my regulator is shimmed.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Anyone have ideas? I have talked to both Terminator and Beans diesel. As far as i got was terminator said my icp numbers aren't bad. With Beans diesel I am waiting for them to get back to me.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Looks like the injectors are on their way out sucking up all my hpo.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:20 AM
Guns & Powerstroke's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtm01powerstroke View Post
Looks like the injectors are on their way out sucking up all my hpo.
That will do it. Well what are you going to go with.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Not sure yet I am selling off the chip and I am gonna run it stock for a wile.No point in running hot tunes when the powers not there. I am probably going to go to hybrids if anything when i get enough play money and have them de-tuned. I figured when that time comes I am going to need a live tune no messing around with canned hot tunes. Also not to mention I don't want to waist money on a 38r I would rather invest in an h2e setup keep the drive pressure down with my pmrs.

Last edited by mtm01powerstroke; 07-31-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

How much you want for your chip? Pm me, if the price is right I'm interested
I have 250/100 hybrids and I am not entirely happy yet. Need fine tuning done to tunes.
Depending on your goals; you might just want stage 1's
Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well now the funny thing is after talking to beans for a bit they told me that it looks they may have sent me the wrong tunes. They said they need to turn the pw down and all he said is that the pump was putting out great numbers for what they were demanding in the tune.

What don't you like about your 250/100s? I also was talking to beans about injectors they had stage 1s with 30% nozzles on them he was trying to sell me that for they price didn't sound so bad.
My goal for the truck is to be at 400-450whp in that range. Then i would like to get my hands on a short block with forged rods and put that together and go from there.

Last edited by mtm01powerstroke; 08-01-2012 at 06:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.