Wicked Wheel question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wicked Wheel question

I know what it is, and that it help with surge but does it increase boost? Is there any power advantage? I know the wheel is relatively cheap, but I see alot of sigs with different housings...are those expensive or add much. Is it better to just shop for a whole new turbo. I don't know a thing about these turbos, whats good or bad so any ideas are helpful. At some point I would want to get a bigger turbo, just wondering if the WW is worth the $ or just put that toward the bigger turbo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2007, 08:41 PM
PIPE HITTER

WW will give you no more power, and do nothing to increase boost. Some folks have found that the boost goes down a bit, but I think those guys had some surge issues to start with. It will flatten out the way the boost builds make s it more linear, eliminating surge. I did it, we'll a bunch of us did it, and it sings like a bird, pretty cool.

..but if power is what you want, then things like a larger housing, bigger turbo etc, are going to do something for you.

IMO, if you do the WW yourself, it's worth it to do. I would not pay the labor to have someone do it for me, that $$$ would be better spent on a new housing for sure.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:45 PM

Do bigger housings = more power? Its something I was looking to do myself, I think, as long as its not too much of a pain in the A$$
Old 10-11-2007, 08:47 PM
PIPE HITTER

If a bigger housing is in the budget, then thats the waty I would go, more power for sure
Old 10-11-2007, 08:50 PM

Looking at sizes, there is a 1.00 and 1.15, is there that much of a diff? The WW only one size or are there different sizes too? about what kind of power? 20? 50? all stock inj. and fuel pump. Just looking for a somewhat cheap mod. I know they are supposed to decrease egt's.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:53 PM
PIPE HITTER

WW is only one size....

not sure what kind of power to expect with a larger housing, a lot of it depends on your other mods. I'm sure someone who has done it, can tell you exactly what to expect.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:01 PM

Thanks, man you're quick. lol, Is there a difference between the ATS housing and the garrett housing, is there only one housing/turbo. Some guy at work was saying he wanted to get an ATS and run it with his stock? This is just the first time I really looked into turbo stuff, so its all new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.