Edge Evolution question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Evolution question

Hey guys, I just finally joined the site, been reading forums and lookin around here for awhile now, anyhow, heres what I need some help with:

I have an early 99 (10/98 build date) F-350. I just recently bought an Edge Evolution and when I installed it, it was running ok and then after I drove it around a little, I pulled back in my drive way and when I put it in park and started loping pretty hard. It was like I had a lope tune on it. I put it back on stock and it started running like normal again. I havent really messed with it in the last week or so because I was out of town on vacation and I didnt want to have the truck mess up while I was 3 hours away from home with it. Any ideas about what might be causing this? The mods that I have done to the truck are: upgraded IDM, 4" MBRP turbo back straight pipe, built tranny ( billet input shaft, triple disk torque converter, shift kit, heavy duty clutches, modified pump), and of course the Edge. Any help y'all could give me would be greatly appreciated. This is my first diesel and i've loved every minute of driving this truck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Guns & Powerstroke's

What setting was the edge on
Old 07-24-2012, 05:17 AM
Banned

This is exactly why this entire forum (and most powerstroke forums) tells people to NOT buy edge, superchips, bully dog etc.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
This is exactly why this entire forum (and most powerstroke forums) tells people to NOT buy edge, superchips, bully dog etc.
And comments like this are what give those companies a bad name. Unless you have first hand knowledge the Edge is the problem, please don't waste peoples time. If these companies were so bad, they wouldn't be in business.

To the OP: Try reprogramming it again, it may not have programmed correctly the first time. If same result, call Edge tech support. They can have you hook up the programmer to the computer and send them the programs on it. Maybe it was written wrong.

I have had my Edge for 2 years and 40,000 miles now with zero problems. My trans is still good(stock trans) at 170,000 miles.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
the edge evo is an ok unit... the juice is the one you have to watch out for....

i would do what Ace said and reprogram it again and see what it does
Old 07-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for the input guys, I ran it stock for about a week and then tried to reprogram it again and it did the exact same thing. I called Edge about 4 times now and every time I've been put on hold and waited for almost 30 mins one time and atleast 15 mins every other time and can't get any help from them whatsoever.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace7.3 View Post
And comments like this are what give those companies a bad name. Unless you have first hand knowledge the Edge is the problem, please don't waste peoples time. If these companies were so bad, they wouldn't be in business.

To the OP: Try reprogramming it again, it may not have programmed correctly the first time. If same result, call Edge tech support. They can have you hook up the programmer to the computer and send them the programs on it. Maybe it was written wrong.

I have had my Edge for 2 years and 40,000 miles now with zero problems. My trans is still good(stock trans) at 170,000 miles.
I've seen plenty of posts on this forum and the internet of bad **** happening, and theres a guy on this forum right now w/ a bullydog (or was it edge?) intake that dusted his turbo.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Guns & Powerstroke's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_F-350_Stroke View Post
thanks for the input guys, I ran it stock for about a week and then tried to reprogram it again and it did the exact same thing. I called Edge about 4 times now and every time I've been put on hold and waited for almost 30 mins one time and atleast 15 mins every other time and can't get any help from them whatsoever.
What year did you get your chip for? I see your truck is a 99 and your sig says you have an 03 IDM that may be the issue if the edge is trying to change parameters based on what it thinks a 99 should do. Just a shot in the dark there
Old 07-24-2012, 07:46 PM

You probably think guns kill people, forks make people fat, and Obama never tells a lie too...
Come on man, you cant believe eveything you read on the Internet. That's why I said "first hand knowledge" meaning you have experienced problems with the product personally. Otherwise it's all just hearsay
Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillClimber350 View Post
What year did you get your chip for? I see your truck is a 99 and your sig says you have an 03 IDM that may be the issue if the edge is trying to change parameters based on what it thinks a 99 should do. Just a shot in the dark there
IDM shouldn't have any impact at all, much less a negative one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace7.3 View Post
You probably think guns kill people, forks make people fat, and Obama never tells a lie too...
Come on man, you cant believe eveything you read on the Internet. That's why I said "first hand knowledge" meaning you have experienced problems with the product personally. Otherwise it's all just hearsay
On the contrary.

There's thousands upon thousands of threads worth of evidence of people burning up motors, burning up trannies, and using the wrong filter and dusting their motors and turbo's. You can believe whatever you want. I'll keep my motor intact (and everything connected to it).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.