need "THE LIST"!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need "THE LIST"!!

OK GUYS, i have a 2001 7.3, with the pmr rods... stock motor, 4" exhaust... i would like the .org's expert advice on what all to do to this thing for about 400 horse. i will eventually be putting a forged motor in this rig, so i don't mind buying the bigger injectors, and detuning them for the meager 400 horse for now... so, whats the best recipe? which turbo do you guys like the best, which fuel pump, hpop, injectors would you all suggest? and anything else for that matter.... gimmie the "master list"!!!

allright, thanks everyone in advance.... now let it rip!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

This is kind of a broad question.. Options are unlimited. Do you want to stick with a drop in turbo or T4 mounted turbo for future upgrade room, etc?

This is what I have:
250/100 full force injectors detuned for pmr's
Pius LASB s300 framed turbo and kit from Irate Diesel
Strictly diesel complete fuel system with fuel bowl delete and fuelab pump
Custom tunes by PHP
Stock HPOP for now; will upgrade in the future

Some options:
Turbo: SD66 from beans (drop in) or Pius LASB (T4 mounted)

Fuel: Strictly diesel, Irate, dieselsite, innovative diesel, martys (pick one)

Injectors: Full Force, Swamps, Rosewood

HPOP: T500, Adrenaline, SRP 1.1

BTS tranny or equivilent will be needed at some point with the additional power and will make the truck feel stonger.

NOTE: Keep in mind that bigger injectors will raise egt's dramatically and increase fuel consumption depending on driving style.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

upgrades

To get 400 hp, the fastest mod is twin turbo with a co2 cooler. My truck is pushing just over 1000 hp and looking back on all the things i have done to my truck the SCT tunner and twin turbo up grade was by far the best. No race or power up grade is cheap and its even worse with a diesel but the same truck that you go to the track with and run 11s with, you can drive to work everyday and thats why i love them. Exhaust....the bigger the better to lower your EGTs as well as snow methenol injection. Putting nitrous to your beast is another good way to gain good safe HP. The nitrous will keep you cool and the worst you can do is over juice it and the moror will kill then crank right back up with no trouble.

Cajunboy
Old 07-21-2012, 12:00 PM

Twins take up a lot of room in the engine bay though..

Just get meth injection, some hybrids with custom tunes, srp 1.1, 5 inch exhaust and a h2e from hypermax that's a t4. Also need a regulated return and or lift pump ( Airdog or Fass).
Old 07-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Premium Member

awesome guys!!! 5" exhaust is on the way allready.. i don't need to have a stock bolt on style turbo... the upgraded h2e turbo seems to be well liked here.... with bellowed up pipes, i'm pretty well settled on the php custom chip, again, everyone seems to like them here... so i need to figure out exactly which injectors, lift pump by fass seems cool.. looks like i gotta read up on this fuel bowl delete mods.. also... infrnl mentioned the egt's being substantially higher with big injectors / driving style.. and i pin it alot, so, how much does the water/meth really help, and, anyone getting much lower egt's with a better intercooler? thanks for all the info so far guys!!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Premium Member

ok, i think i've got it figured out, srp 1.1 looks like the best hpop at that level.. the 250/100 injectors and h2e turbo seem to be in order, and i like the complete fuel system from irate, swamps head studs are really nice too... 5" exhaust, with a chip from php to top it off..... the turbo.. i hope that's the right choice, there are sooo many, it's making my head spin trying to understand all the little differences..... how about this bell gssb turbo? sounds good in the info... faster spool up and broader compressor map.. anyone have any feedback on that one?

Last edited by jhgearhead; 07-21-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:08 PM

I do not think the gssb is being made anymore as WOP went out of business. If you are interested in those; get the Pius LASB from Irate.
If you have the money; Jake will make you a package deal on turbo kit, fuel syst, injectors and whatever else you need that he sells. I got the turbo kit and injectors from Jake and he cut me a bit of slack on the package. Pius works for Bell turbo.
H2e is a good turbo as well. You really need to talk to Jake about the LASB or someone that sells the H2e and decide from what they tell you. Either route will make you happy. I saw a substantial gain going from stock turbo to LASB.

If you do not tow, you can always go 250/200 injectors. I opted for 250/100's because they are supposed to be better for towing over the 250/200's

The LASB is desinged to keep fast spool up and move more air.

PHP tunes: I am not sure what your plans are exactly, but custom tunes are needed for single shot injectors. Possibly bigger turbo as well. So if you start with the phoenix or standard FU; you will have to get custom tunes when you do the upgrades.
Also keep in mind that there could be some wait time with PHP depending on whats going on with them Bill's wife Corey has some health issues and delays things with the business. I have had great luck and fast turn around times, but not everyone does. I do not want to see you in the threads about upset people that do not understand.

Looks like you got a good plan started, good luck
Old 07-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Premium Member

thanks for all your help infrnl, i will deffinately call jake @ irate, i would like to buy all this crap at once, do it once, do it all, do it right!!! i do tow alot, so the 250/100's seem right for me(again, thanks for your input, as i didn't know about this b4), i will let jake straighten me out on the turbo stuff... i have also read somewhere here about bill @ php's family issue, and it's cool, i can wait for the "right" stuff... as i said, do it once, do it right.. cool man, you got me on the right track, and i appreciate it!! i love the .org!!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:55 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
Quote:
Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
This is kind of a broad question.. Options are unlimited. Do you want to stick with a drop in turbo or T4 mounted turbo for future upgrade room, etc?

This is what I have:
250/100 full force injectors detuned for pmr's
Pius LASB s300 framed turbo and kit from Irate Diesel
Strictly diesel complete fuel system with fuel bowl delete and fuelab pump
Custom tunes by PHP
Stock HPOP for now; will upgrade in the future

Some options:
Turbo: SD66 from beans (drop in) or Pius LASB (T4 mounted)

Fuel: Strictly diesel, Irate, dieselsite, innovative diesel, martys (pick one)

Injectors: Full Force, Swamps, Rosewood

HPOP: T500, Adrenaline, SRP 1.1

BTS tranny or equivilent will be needed at some point with the additional power and will make the truck feel stonger.

NOTE: Keep in mind that bigger injectors will raise egt's dramatically and increase fuel consumption depending on driving style.
How much was your pius turbo? Everywhere I see says these are Awesome turbos and I'm looking for something comparable to a s475 more than likely but would love to hear how much you paid for your lasb
Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Premium Member

IT'S XMAS IN AUGUST LOL... just ordered it all! t4 mount, lasb turbo, 238/100's, srp 1.1, arp head studs, comp valve springs, 4130 pushrods, complete fuel system, ts 6 pos. chip...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.