Edge Insight Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Insight Question

I've been searching through the forum and there's not a whole lot of info on the edge insights for our 7.3's. I'm guessing because not too many people are running them as opposed to Isspro or glowshift gauges. I just had a couple of questions because I'm leaning toward the insight in order to monitor my EGT's, tranny temp, and boost. I know I'll need to buy an additional probe for the EGT's but does anyone know if the insight will monitor our tranny temp simply through the OBD II? And I was also curious about people's personal experiences who own them. Do you like it? Any problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Banned

Thats an aweful lot of money to spend for gauges.. there are far better options out there for gauges.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Premium Member

Not 100% sure but I think that it will monitor tranny temp on the 7.3L.

The CTS seems to be the best data monitor on the market IMO.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

$400 isn't that bad for as many guages it can take the place of IMHO
I wouldn't do the probe I use a standalone for that monitor
so I can pull the CTS when I want it safe and sound the EGT add on would be more work to unplug

IDK on your tranny PID
Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Premium Member

Yea I agree Z...

The CTS takes the place of those ugly pillar gauges and has a lot of other capabilities like reading codes and giving audible warnings.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the help guys! I was originally looking at the 3 gauge Isspro gauge kit that came with a pillar mount and that ran around $400 bucks so I figured why not just spend $400 on a touchscreen gauge that also scans codes if need be like you guys said. Plus, that back up camera is pretty enticing. I was originally going to get one for my double din but it's cheaper with the Edge.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:02 PM

The CTS is well worth the money and yes it will monitor your tranny temps through the OBDII port. I have had one on my truck for about 2 months now and I love it. I have the EGT probe and I've also hooked up a backup camera to it. It really is an awesome tool. I'm running 35" tires and the CTS allowed me to adjust my speed to compensate for the bigger tires. Now I use the CTS to monitor EGT, Tranny, Oil, Boost, and Speedo all at once. I really like how you can customize how many gauges and how the setup looks. There are so many different things it can monitor too. I highly recommend it as an alternative to gauges. I also use the suction cup mount that came with the unit and I like how it sits and mounts. No need for me to spend extra money on their custom mount.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

this is the kind of info I have been searching for. I am on the fence about different chips and ways to monitor the essentials. Being able to check and clear codes and the ease of install is a huge plus! this is probably the route I will take once I get back in country.

Brian
Old 07-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Guns & Powerstroke's

I have had my cts for over a year now. The only thing I don't like is the boost so I run a regular gauge for it. The tranny temp reads off your solenoid pack in the tranny.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:24 PM

I was considering one but wasn't in my budget right now.
The biggest thing that stood out to me was that on the 7.3 it only monitors about 16 sensors, were as in the 6.4 you have close to a hundred sensor. This wasn't a make or break deal for me but something to consider.
All the features are awesome though. I would love to adjust the speedo for my 37's and would love to have all my maintence schedule right there, instead of my selective memory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.