Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

stage2 injectors do i need custum tuning

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  PHPDiesel 
#1 ·
Just installed my injectors stage two from rosewood and was wondering if I have to get my ts chip custom tuned before I drive it?

#2 ·
well are they single shots or split shot injectors?
if they are single shots you have to have custom tuning.
also there is no point of getting new injectors without custom tuning because your stock tunes will only inject the fuel that stock injectors use. you wont even use the extra fuel your new injectors can spit.

#6 ·
there is no point of getting new injectors without custom tuning because your stock tunes will only inject the fuel that stock injectors use. you wont even use the extra fuel your new injectors can spit.
Wrong.

Planger said:
I am pretty certain that even stage 1's require custom tunes to get the most out of them.
Wrong.

hammerstroker said:
yes any upgraded injectors need custom tuning to get full power out of them
Wrong.

To answer the question:
Yes, you will need custom tuning to run the injectors PROPERLY. The reason I am so blunt with the comments quoted above is because the truck will make MORE power with stock tuning for split shots than it will with proper tuning just to make the truck pleasant to drive when using "stage 2 injectors" or any injector that has larger-than-stock nozzle orifices (orifii? :D); split or single shot.

I'm not going to flat-out tell you why, but give this some time to sink in and then you will know the truth.

:taze:

#3 ·
They are budget built injectors I believe they are split shots. I am going to get the chip custum tuned just wondering it had to be done before it drives down the road

#5 ·
yes any upgraded injectors need custom tuning to get full gain/power out of them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.