What series MBRP should I get? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What series MBRP should I get?

I've been looking around for a new exhaust system and decided on an MBRP 4inch single. However, I'm not sure what series to go with. What is everyone running? What advantages am I getting with the Pro series vs the Performance series for instance other than the material they're made with?

I'm not looking for anything too fancy or outrageously expensive. I just want a good sound for my money but I also don't want to buy the cheaper performance series and find out that it's garbage. Any help would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Banned

an exhaust is an exhaust. Your moms 5" exhaust will sound the exact same as my brothers 5" in alaska. There is no difference. Find the biggest pipe that comes with a cat for the cheapest.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would say buy the cheapest one. Decide if you want muffler or no muffler. I bought the cheapest kit they had without a muffler. Didn't come with a tip. I ordered a angled mbrp tip and called it a day. Looks like every other exhaust you see, just not t-409 or whatever there top of the line material is. I'd rather save money and put it towards other upgrades. I'm sure aluminum sounds the same as the other materials you get.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Different materials of exhaust is just for corrosion resistance.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If all you want is a good exhaust and are not concerned about how pretty it is, then I'd reccomend the MBRP XP (T409) series. It's still stainless steel and has a lifetime warranty. The only real difference between it and their Pro series (T304) is how it will look. The T304 SS has more chromium and nickel in it, so it should never get any surface rust on it and, other than getting dirty, should always look shiney. The T409 SS will eventually gray out and may even get a little surface rust on it, but it should never rust through. If it does, and develops a hole, MBRP will replace that component. It's very rare. That's pretty much it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.