Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need some input. Van turbo..

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dentexpowerstroke 
#1 ·
I know there has been many posts about a van turbo but never really found the answer I was looking for. I have a 2002 f-250 with a juice with attitude chip. And I am planing on doing new injectors soon. Maybe FFDs stage 1 injectors. I was wondering if i should go with a van turbo or what? Please provide any of your thoughts. Im open to any ideas. Thanks!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#2 ·
1) You can run stage 1 injectors with the stock turbo.
2) You will need custom tunes (PHP, DP, Beans, etc) to run the stage 1 injectors as they are single shots instead of the split shots you have now.
3) An upgraded turbo would not hurt and the van turbo is a great option, that or a 38r.

#4 ·
My vote is for PHP, have them as well as DP and PHP is better IMO. Any tuner will make a world of difference though. Good luck, hope I helped.

#5 ·
I run the van turbo on my truck with 180/100s the stock turbo didn't like life with bigger than stock injectors. for tunes I'd look at gearhead, great power and feeling plus low smoke with bigger injectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.