6 liter incooler in E 99 7.3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6 liter inter-cooler in Early 99 7.3 F350

I was reading some where that a 6 liter inter-cooler will fit in a early 99 7.3. That it will help bring down the EGT. Does anyone know if it will fit right in with the 7.3 inter-cooler brackets and tubes or will I have to get all new tubes and boots. I'm trying to bring down the EGT's while pulling an enclosed 4 place snowmobile trailer. The pickup has the DIY 6637mod running a Donaldson air filter a new Terminator T500 HPOP. 4inch MRBP exhaust from turbo back a F5 DP turner,I usually run it in 60 HP econo., cross over line, regulated return line ,new EBPV and tube. 6 spd manual with a 350 HP South Bend clutch and pressure plate. . Zoodad mod. it has the gray CPS in it.Recent radiator flush and a coolant filter. I run Rotella 15-40 oil. There's more updates and parts, but can't remember all of them right now.It was live tuned by Jody two summers ago in Denver.
Any help or suggest would be great.

Last edited by COP-OUT; 07-01-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
direct bolt in but isn't really worth the time spent to change it. not a big enough difference.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:04 PM

What EGTs you have?
What I would do is gut the EBPV to free that up and maybe swap out to a different turbine housing if you're hauling that much and really need it.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'm trying to get the EGT's down. I have to be constantly looking at the EGT gauge. Climbing a long hill the EGT's get up there really fast pulling the trailer. Even when running empty the egts climb fast when I put my foot down. I've checked for intake air leaks and everything is tight. I can pull 22 lbs of boost.The pickup has enough power just need to get the egt's down. Out here in Montana we have lots of hills and mountains. Either I slow down or down shift.The EGT gauge is in the 1100 to 1250 range.When pulling a hill the egts get to the red in a hurry and I have to let off the throttle and sometimes down shift.
I pull that trailer at 75 mph.

Last edited by COP-OUT; 07-01-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: add sentence
Old 07-01-2012, 11:42 AM

If you're towing that much then get the next bigger turbine housing and that should keep that top end power nicely, loose some low end, and allow it to breathe a little faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.