oil infuel??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oil infuel???

One ofmyfriends has a 2006 dodge cumminsand he alwasya puts his used oil in his fuel tank and he says it lubes the engine but it also smokes more. And his truck smokes like crazy and also has 1200 ftlbs which is badass but i didnt know if that was truck with putting oil in your fuel tank. Can this be bad or good? has anyone done it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
I would stay away from putting anything in your fuel besides additive. there are a few forums on here that go in depth. Besides it will be blueish smoke not black..
Old 10-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to Jesse.James
i just put a quart of tranny fliud in with my last tank and no problems. my buddy went to the diesel institute and is a mechanic and he said they put tranny fliud in the fuel on big trucks all the time. he said maybe not every tank but every so often helps keep things lubed. i dont know about the smoke though. another buddy of my has an 02 PSD and someone told him to put motor oil in his fuel to increase the mileage so he tried it and didnt notice a mpg difference but it didnt hurt. it just helps lube your pumps and injectors cuz they took all the sulfer out of the new fuel.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I would really worry about putting anything red in my fuel, I hear the fine for running non-taxed diesel is pretty steep. I would also worry about ruining a $2,500 set of injectors, it may work great but for peace of mind I think I’ll stick with additives that are made for it.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Electrical Ogre

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamafrog View Post
I would really worry about putting anything red in my fuel, I hear the fine for running non-taxed diesel is pretty steep. I would also worry about ruining a $2,500 set of injectors, it may work great but for peace of mind I think Iíll stick with additives that are made for it.

Used oil is especially hazardous, since who know what sort of filings from the bottom of the pan and suspended solids are lurking in there. Hate to ruin injectors and fuel pump by anything that would sneak past the filter
Old 10-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3 View Post

Used oil is especially hazardous, since who know what sort of filings from the bottom of the pan and suspended solids are lurking in there. Hate to ruin injectors and fuel pump by anything that would sneak past the filter
It is very dangerous to run used oil through your motor . Also tranny fluid is not that great for it either. I dont know about you but i would not want to be caught with even the slightest red tint in my fuel. $$$$ to the state if you get caught
Old 10-08-2007, 05:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

has anyone been caught for doing it? and why is it soo illegal to run offroad diesel? what are the advantages of it and how would the state know you are running it? does i smoke more or have a weird smell or anything?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:18 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
The only addvantages of ORD is that it's cheaper. It's the exact same fuel but it's dyed red to indicate that it is not taxed. It is illegal to operate a vehicle on any state or federal road with anytype of fuel that is not taxed. Goes into the Tax-ivasion category. (This is the same reason that some are getting boned for running WVO...but it's easier to get away with.)
Old 10-08-2007, 05:36 AM

a little bit o clean tranny fluid wont hurt a thing.... when you change fuel filters
on the macks or L-10's on up, thats what you prime the filter with. like its been
said, for lubricity.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:24 AM

It is illegal to put any offroad fuel in onroad trucks big or small and even farm trucks. Offroad fuel is dyed for that reason, so even if you add tranny fluid (wich is a good lube) if you get caught it's a hefty fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.