Fuel pressure reg. Ideal pressure for a stock truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 11:31 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel pressure reg. Ideal pressure for a stock truck

I just bought a dieseloring.com fpr housing ( Fuel Pressure Relief housing - Billet Aluminum w/pressure shim springs ) and was wondering what is the ideal pressure for a stock truck? all i really have done is a custom tune and an 6637 intake for now but read about ppl suggestion diffrent pressures at all times. This kit comes with 3 springs to adjust press. 58-61 psi silver spring (Stock pressure)62-65 psi gold spring,67-70 psi black spring. I have always read about ppl shimming the fpr which is why im wondering now how much is good and how much is bad? im interested in a little more performance but dont really want to kill my mpg either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You will not gain performance with this mod. You will set it back to the way it was from the factory which is as good as it gets. Above 55 psi is all thats required. keep in mind more psi does not equal more power.

I use the black spring and have no issues with leaks.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic250 View Post
I just bought a dieseloring.com fpr housing ( Fuel Pressure Relief housing - Billet Aluminum w/pressure shim springs ) and was wondering what is the ideal pressure for a stock truck? all i really have done is a custom tune and an 6637 intake for now but read about ppl suggestion diffrent pressures at all times. This kit comes with 3 springs to adjust press. 58-61 psi silver spring (Stock pressure)62-65 psi gold spring,67-70 psi black spring. I have always read about ppl shimming the fpr which is why im wondering now how much is good and how much is bad? im interested in a little more performance but dont really want to kill my mpg either.
Fuel pressure on a 7.3 has little if anything to do with performance. So long as you can refill the injector before the next injection event you will gain nothing.

Every truck, every injector has a sweet spot for fuel pressure, when I ran stock injectors I kept it at 74psi or so, with the stage 2's it was 65psi and the hybrids I have now are 62psi....

Otherwise as was said before, above 50 psi and your not hurting the injectors, above 75 your just working the pump hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fpr, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure relief, fuel pressure spring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.