Join Date: Oct 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help choosing performance upgrades needed
Again I am new to diesel's and the aftermarket for my early 99 Super Duty. Will the fact that its an early build be a problem? I want to do the following:
1. Intake: I am undecided which brand to go with. I know I want a filter, tube and some sort of shroud. I actually am leaning towards an AEM workhorse, wondering if anyone had any issues or can recommend something better. Also been looking at intakes like Volant which are enclosed in a box and was curious about the benefits of this.
2. Exhaust: Looking for a complete exhaust. MBPR is what I've been looking at but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I want a 4" system with dual tips exiting on the passenger side behind the rear wheel, kinda like an 08 but with some double wall tips. So I'm not sure if I should just get a pipe that branches out into two or have a dual out muffler? Also which meterials are better than others and which are too pricey. This is a year round driven truck and will see a lot of road salt. Any help here would be appreciated.
3. Gauges: Another area I'm not too knowledgeable about. Want them to be mounted in the A pillar but don't know if any pods are better than others, fit better or are painted. I have an early 99 with tan interior. Also I would like the gauges to have the option have having illumination that can change color.
4. Transmission: Rather than getting into the transmission I am considering the Banks transcommand?
5. DP Tuner, from what I've read can't go wrong here.
Any suggestions or comments on whether I'm on the right track or not is greatly appreciated.