SCT Micro Max Tuner..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 05:19 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT Micro Max Tuner.....

Ok, I had a friend who has a 02 PSD. He told me he had a SCT micro max tuner and he wanted to know if I wanted to buy it. I took it home to try it out and I loaded it on the performance tune. I saw a noticable increase up top, but hardey none down low. I looked on their website and it claims 99-03 7.3L gives 111 HP/ 205 TQ. It definately didnt feel like that much power. What could be the problem? Is it because I have an early 99 model and I should have looked at the gains on a 97-98 model instead? A friend of mine that works for Ford as a tech told me that I would see 18 PSI max boost, and I actually see 16 max, with a stock airbox, and an unchanged Fuel filter. I changed the FF, and even with the tuner, I never saw above 16 PSI. What gives? I dont know of the price of the tuner, but anything over 50 bux seems overpriced....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2007, 06:46 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

ok, apparantly I was looking at the wrong site. I looked at superchips site, and it said it gave 85hp, and 115 tq on the performance tune, so thats def. different from 111/205. But, my other ?s still are puzzeling to me....
Old 10-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
just save up for that Wildman chip and you will be set! no need to spend money on superchips stuff when you'll just replace it in the future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.